Chapter 24

I woke up in the bed. I was in Tyler's room, but I don't remember coming in here. I sat up and looked around, I was alone. I got out the bed, my phone wasn't with me. I looked around for it and couldn't find it. Tyler wasn't in bed, so maybe he took it.

I walked out the room and searched the others. Vic and Mike weren't in their rooms. Rebecca was still sleeping, her clock said it was 8. I went quietly down the stairs, hearing hushed whispers. I knew they wouldn't be able to see me. I got on the last step to hear them more closely.

"I don't know what to do about him." That was Vic.

"You just have to keep trying. I know it's difficult, but it was difficult for me too." I knew Tyler was talking about his dad.

"I can't, he hates me. I thought bringing him here would get him to like me."

"He does, just give him time."

"No." Vic raised his voice. "He doesn't. You didn't see the hate in his eyes. He meant it."

I admit that I did hate him, he stopped me. I wanted to be with my mom and he took me from her. That's why I didn't want him in my life. I knew he would try to make me forget about her.

"Vic, he was delirious, he was trying to jump off a bridge for god's sake. Me and you both know that he didn't want to do that." Tyler shouted. I looked over at them and he was flailing his arms.

"I don't care. He probably did want to. He said he wanted to be with his mom and he wanted to go with her. When I pulled him back he fought me." Vic was now shouting too.

"Vic, he doesn't know what he wants." I wanted to jump into the conversation right then. I did know what I want. I wanted my mom, and they know it.

"He doesn't?" Vic questioned him. "Is that what you think?"

"Yes. He doesn't know. He's just going through a rough time."

"Okay. Well then read his fucking text messages then, look at his call log, look at his lock and home screen." Vic shouted.

I knew what they would find. My text to my mom, her number the only one in my call log. Even my home and lock screen were pictures of us together.

**Tyler's P.O.V.**

Vic handed me his phone and I took it. I clicked the home button and saw Kellin with his mom. They were in the car and she was kissing him on his cheek. I slid the unlock button, he didn't have a password. I saw the home screen, another picture.

I looked up at Vic and he had a look of 'told you so.' I went to the call log and there was over 800 calls made to his mom. Over 30 of them were made last night around the time Vic got back. I went to his text messages and saw the last text he had written, it was to his mom.

'I'm sorry. I didn't know that he was going to take me away from you. Please come and get me. I'm at Tyler's. I just want to be with you.'

"This proves nothing. He missed her." I tried to deny it, but deep down I knew it was real.

"It proves everything. He wants to be with her." He took the phone from me.

"Okay he misses her, doesn't matter. I miss my dad and want to be with him sometimes." I stepped away from him.

"Oh really? Well what do you think about this?" He played the voicemail.

"Hello, you have reached Karen. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now."

"Hang up and try later." Kellin shouted.

"You can't take up for him. He misses her, he's willing to risk putting his life on the line." Vic huffed and sat down.