Chapter 54

A/N: I felt like this wouldn't be completed without Kellin's P.O.V. This is the surprise I was talking about DragonFly, I've just been busy I haven't gotten to it, but here it is. The last and final chapter. No epilogue and no sequel.

I knew that Vic would find me, but I didn't know that it would take him 2 whole years. I know that it may have been partially my fault since I secluded myself from any and everyone. I just wanted to be alone for a while, I just needed to get my head straight.

Over time, that's what I did, I got my head straight. I talked to my dad and we both agreed the him going to jail would be best for the both of us. I went to see him a couple of times since just to see how he's holding up. He ended up killing himself a year ago, they found that he tied bed sheets around his neck and to the cell bars.

I was alone, for nearly a year, no one to talk to. Mr. Collins and Jessica were the only ones I still knew to talk to. I only visited once, I didn't want them to tell Vic where I was, so I made sure they didn't know I moved back. I stayed in my old house since my dad left it to me before he went to jail.

During those years I got a stable job, working as manager of a cooperate job. Specializing in some accounting and mostly management work. I would watch the employees work their small cubicles in my spare time, or whenever I got bored doing paper work.

I missed Vic over the years. I thought about calling, but I didn't feel like that would be healthy for me. I had been living a stable life, why ruin it with emotional distress? I even took my mom's scarf off, since I was now closer to her than ever, I felt like I didn't need it.

I would go and visit her everyday, it was routine. I would go in the morning, in the afternoons if I was off, and I would go see her before I go to sleep. It helped me relieve stress and made me feel more comfortable with her death.

But the day I showed up and Vic was there, I didn't count on that. I had just got off work and wanted to go to just relax and take away some stress. When I stepped out of my car, I saw that there was somebody there. I knew it was Vic by the way his hair flowed against the wind. I didn't want to speak to him, in fact I wanted to run. After I've become emotionally stable I have to go back to what I once was, unsure of everything, and overreacting to the smallest of incidents. I heard him sobbing faintly and I felt a huge tear in my hear and a lump in my throat. I can't do this to him.

"Why'd you have to go?" I heard him sob into the tombstone. I couldn't let him do this.

"Hey." I spoke softly enough so he might not could hear me, but he did.

"Kellin?" He asked, staring up at me from the grave. He stood up and continued to stare, looking into my eyes as if they were some sort of trap.

"I've missed you." I told him. In all honesty, I did I just didn't want the much not needed drama.

He tackled me in a hug, clinging to me like I would blow away in the wind.

"You're not dead?" He asked.

"No. I couldn't be." I pulled away and looked at the grave. "This is her's." I pointed to the grave and laid my hand on the top of the stone.

"How can that be? I thought it was you." He came over to me and I wanted to just runaway again, but I was tired of running.

"Karen Quinn." I sighed trying to keep myself together. "The reason we were so close was because of our birthdays. She went in to labor that morning and the doctors didn't think I would live. The umbilical cord was wrapped around my head." I grazed my fingers over the stone. "She said I was her birthday gift and the best thing she's ever done right." I smiled to myself, remembering how much our times together meant.