Chapter 19

I didn't know what to do after Vic left, I just wanted to cry. I took off my scarf and climbed into the shower. I slid down the side and laid there. I didn't know what to do. If I love Vic I risk losing my mom, and if I like or care for him too much, I might as well be digging his grave. The only person I ever loved and cared for was taken away from me, I can't let that happen again.

I sat there, trying to calm myself down, I felt horrible. Tyler knocked on the door and told me to hurry. I snapped out of my mind and washed up. I left the the bathroom and got dressed in Tyler's room, while he took a shower.

After I finished getting dressed, I started to look around. He had random pictures of him and Michael. They were a cute couple, both of them were going into the same profession. They planned on creating a band after school.

Tyler had connections in the music industry, his uncle owned a record company. I picked up one picture they had, Tyler was kissing Michael's cheek and Michael stuck his tongue out at the camera. I smiled at the goofiness.

There was a knock on the door, I knew it was Tyler. He was trying to see if I was dressed. I opened the door and he walked in with a towel wrapped around his waist. I moved aside so that he could come in.

"I'll let you get dressed." I told him.

"No, it's fine. I need to talk to you." He said. I nodded and got on the top bunk and stared at the roof.

"About what?" I sighed.

"You know Vic likes you right?" He asked.

"He told me he does."

"Don't you like him?"

"I don't know. I mean, does he even really like me? He loves pains, he likes to bother me. How could he like me?" I threw my hands up dramatically and let them fall down.

"He does. Why would he bring you out here to see me if he didn't?" I shrugged.

"I don't know. And even if he did, I refuse to like him." I admitted.

"Why?" I turned to him and sat up. He had his pants on and was putting his shirt over his head.

"It's hard to explain." I took a deep breath.

"Come on, tell me." He put on his vans and walked over to the bed.

"I just don't want to replace my mom, or kill him." I confessed.

"Kellin, you won't kill him. And as far as replacing your mom, that wont happen. She'll always have a place in your heart."

"Yeah, but I don't even think I can love anymore. The only person I ever loved more than myself, was taken from me. I can't take another chance like that." I laid back down.

"Kells, you can't let fear ruin your life." He took my hand. "That fear will end up being the death of you."

"I just, I can't take that risk. I'm sorry." He pulled himself onto the top bunk and laid next to me.

"It's fine. Just give him a chance. See how things go, okay? You don't have to like or love him. Just have fun." He suggested.

"Thanks." We smiled at each other and he leaned in and kissed me.

"Now, let's go meet Michael." He said through the kiss. He pecked my lips one more time before getting up and pulling me with him.

We walked out the room and into the hallway. Vic was coming from his room, he was dressed. He was headed into Mike's room, I guess they were going too. We followed behind him and watched as he went over to Mike. He helped him up and took him into the bathroom.