Alex The Neighbour

That night I woke up screaming. There were soon bangs on my door. I walked over and when I opened the door I saw my neighbour, Alex

"Chloe! Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I weakly smile.

"What happened?"

"I had a nightmare"

"That didn't sound like a nightmare!"

"I have them when um..."

"When what?"

"It's a long story"

"I won't fall back asleep for a while so I have time" he walked in and sat on my couch.

"Basically, there is this boy. I met him because of my current job. He's a good friend of my boss and we went to New Zealand together with two other of his friends. We were forced to sleep in the same bed and we cuddled a couple of times. We also kissed once or twice, there are strong feelings between us but I don't want to rush into anything and he understands that"

"So what about the nightmares"

"I have them whenever I'm not with him. We tested it out and if I don't sleep in the same bed as him I have them and wake up screaming"

"Wow, that's one deep connection" he chuckled to himself. "Why aren't you over with him?"

"Because he lives with my boss and a few other people. Don't get me wrong they are all my friends but they constantly invade personal space. Colby and I have moments such as yesterday morning when we kissed. One of them came in, took a photo, ran out and the others won't let us explain"

"How about I stay with you all night and we can talk, then you can go over and talk to them"

"I have already given a little speech"

"There you go then! See if it worked" I nod and we start talking. He was sweet. I said something about a puppy and he shouted 'yassss'. That made me think maybe he isn't straight...

"Can I ask you a question?" he nodded. "But don't take offence to this... are you gay?"

"Oh my god! You are the only person to figure it out without me having to explain!" when I looked at the time, it was seven.

"Wow, it's seven already!"

"I know. Want me to come with you?"

"They won't be up yet"

"Surprise them"

"Um... ok" we both got in my car and drove to the mansion.

"Damn! He lives in a mansion?"

"Yup"

"I don't get why you want to take things so slowly. You clearly both like each other"

"I don't really know either" I mumbled. We walked up to the door and luckily it was open. No one was downstairs so I walked and sat in the kitchen. Alex joined me and we continued to have a chat. I was laughing when I heard.

"CHLOE?!" I looked over to the stairs and saw Corey and Devyn. They ran to hug me but I put a finger up.

"Still mad" they shouted for the rest of the house. I smiled at Colby when he came down. "This is Alex, he's my neighbour. I had nightmares again so he decided to bang on my door and didn't think that it would scare the crap outta me" he chuckled.

"I didn't mean to scare her but she did explain why she had them" he looked directly at Colby. I noticed a hint of pink on his cheek.

"I don't like being mad at you lot but the next time there is an invasion of privacy, a series of events such as this will happen." I opened my arms for Devyn to hug me and she did.