What, Kat? Tell Me!

That day was quite normal. Nothing exciting going on except for the occasional screaming and playing from the boys. They all went outside after a while, leaving me and the girls inside and not giving us anymore headaches. 

That night, we all settled for a movie again, allowing for the whole 'family' to enjoy a good ol' comedy. It was midnight before any of us went to bed.

The next week wasn't very special, mostly just going about every day life - watching the boys be stupid in videos, making a video or two with the girls and throwing up... quite a lot actually. It was strange that I threw up a lot but we all assumed it was just a stupid sickness that would pass.

I walked through the front doors of the house from being home for the day - it was dark outside and we were planning to have a nice evening together to eat dinner. Devyn and Kat's voices traveled through the large hallway - were they talking about me?

"I'm so happy she's with Colby because it makes him so happy" Kat said, I could hear the smile in her voice. If they weren't talking about me I'd be worried.

"I know, even though I don't spend as much time with him, I still see the difference. Especially in the videos" Did they know I was there? I walked into the kitchen and placed the bag of groceries I'd fetched for Elton on the island. Both girls turned at the same time, which creeped me out a little.

"Uh, hi?" my voice was questioning and my eyebrows rose in the center.

"Hi" I was right about the smile on Kat's face. 

"You're a life saver!" Amanda announced, rushing out of the garage. She ran up to me and kissed my cheek, picking up the bag. I looked at her strangely as she ran to the other girls and helped them cook. 

"OK. You three are weirdos and I basically haven't seen my boyfriend all day so, yeah. I'll be upstairs" I turned on my heels and headed up the stairs. Of course, due to my luck, I walked into Corey who stood at the very top, seemingly smiling. 
"Sorry, Corey" one side of my mouth pulled up and I continued walking.

"It's fine" he called back as I'd walked fast. Colby's door was open suggesting someone had just left it - maybe Corey - so I went to walk through it just to come face to face with Colby. He was obviously about to shut the door.

"Oh, hey" he smiled and leaned against the door frame.

"Hi" I returned the smile and slipped past him, settling myself on his bed. I thought I heard him chuckle but wasn't sure. He joined me after shutting his door and picked up his phone.

We sat in silence for a short while, starting to talk afterwards. My eyes trailed around the room - mainly to the open closet that had one of my shirts hanging up - um, sure? As they made their way back to Colby, I felt him shuffle closer - making my eyes snap towards him.

"So, I don't think I can make it through this dinner. We haven't all hung out for about a week and I think Elton wants to have a house meeting at the same time, which will put a downer on dinner" he said, honesty. I chuckled lightly and looked him in the eyes, searching for humour - there wasn't any, which was strange.

We all sat down, the couples together and the singles, next to them. I sat between Devyn and Colby - neither were much to talk. The girls, all but me, had worked together to make the dinner. It was basically a Sunday dinner - or Sunday roast - and had some of my favourite foods on the plate.

As I was eating and listening to the others talk, I felt something strange going on in my stomach. It felt as though the food didn't take well. I stopped eating a minute, waiting for a sign I should go towards the bathroom. Suddenly the food didn't smell good, it revolted me.

I scrunched my nose and furrowed my brows, thinking about how much I love potato's and trying to think why I'd suddenly hate them to the point of... my thoughts were interrupted by the vomit shooting up my throat, I managed to keep it where it was and stood up, not causing suspicion and walking to the bathroom where I locked the door and threw up. At least this way no one would worry.

I tried to think about what I should do, go back and finish it - even if it made me throw up - or say I didn't feel good and get too much sympathy than what I wanted.

I took a deep breath as I washed out my mouth and put my hand on the handle, unlocking the door and stepping out. I'd try not to upset the girls and just eat the food, even if I threw up again. As soon as I sat down, I got a suspicious look from Kat who sat two away from me (me, Colby, Sam, Kat). My eyes just looked down to the plate in front of me to avoid her reading any expression on my face. 

After that, I didn't eat the potato's, which earned a couple suspicious stares from Colby, Kat and Elton. I guess they remembered how much I loved potato's. We all stood up at the same time, tucking under our chairs and placing the plates next to the sink. It was the boys' turn to do the dishes so that would allow me to avoid Colby and Elton but Kat would probably still be super suspicious. 

"So," she said, eyebrows raised the second we sat on the couch in the living room - out of the boys' ear shot. "You were in the bathroom too long. Did you throw up again?" Devyn and Amanda looked at me then - all analysing my expression. Of course I looked guilty at this moment.

"It wasn't the food, I just felt nauseated" I said, trying to reassure them.

"I'm not worried about our food" she hissed, "I'm worried about you. You seem to just throw up every morning and you gave away your potato's? That is not like you. What's changing?"

"Nothing's changing" I defended, because there wasn't, right?

"She's right, Chlo" Devyn pitched in. "Something's happening specifically to your eating habits"

"Yeah, I see it too - I may not be here often but I still notice it" I furrowed my brows at their accusations, or were they asking? Kat opened her mouth but snapped it shut.

"What?" I asked her. She kept her mouth closed and pursed her lips.
"What, Kat? Tell me!" I tried to keep my voice quite low. 

"Um... hold on" she turned and whispered to the girls something I couldn't hear but wanted to.

Both looked at me with a mixture of worry, fright and sympathy. They all exchanged a look. 

"Could you stand up and turn to the side?" Devyn asked. I looked at her like she was mad but the others were insistent, so I stood and turned to the side.
"Lift your top up so we can see your stomach" I looked at her like she was even crazier.

"Just do it" Kat rolled her eyes. The second my shirt went up they exchanged another look. I sat back down and stared at them a second. 

"What are you guys getting at?" Devyn nodded, shortly followed by Amanda. A signal for Kat to speak.

"What if..." she stopped talking as her eyes flicked behind me, before I could turn, Colby sat next to me with his arms suddenly around my waist. 

"What are we talking about?" he asked, smiling. I straight glared at the girls so they'd answer as I didn't actually know what they were trying to say.

"Just girl stuff, nothing you want to know, trust me" they all put on relaxed expressions but I could see through them. Whatever they thought was happening, it worried them.