Devyn's Accident

5 weeks later (1 month + 1 week)

I had felt so much movement. I could feel them a lot. I was two months, or eight weeks pregnant. I had another week until my check up and I was starting to freak out. I was beginning to show a little, I had a small baby bump that Colby hadn't noticed quite yet. Sam and the girls had kept their mouths shut but I was planning on telling Kayla and Brennen. I'd stopped going down every day, now I just went on random days. I decided today was the day I'd twll them. I texted them to say they needed to both be there. As I knocked on the door, I heard giggling. Kayla opened it with a smile on her face.

"You look happy, I hope I didn't..." Brennen walked over pulling his shirt on. "I was going to say I hope I didn't interrupt anything but I guess I did, sorry"

"It's fine. Is everything OK?" he asked as she stepped out the way. I walked to the living room.

"Yeah, kind of. I have an announcement" they looked interested as they sat on the couch. "I'm telling you now that Sam, Kat, Devyn, and Amanda know about this but Colby doesn't so keep your months shut, OK?" they nodded, "I'm pregnant, well I'm not just pregnant, I'm pregnant with twins" their jaws dropped as they looked at me. Kayla stood up and touched my stomach, lifting my shirt.

She gasped; "You've got a little bump!" I laughed.

"Yeah I have,"

"How long?"

"I'm two months along, eight weeks"

"And you have a bump?" Brennen asked.

"Yeah, twins so there's more room to grow"

"Sex?" she asked.

"I don't know yet, I'm finding that out at 24 weeks, which is so far away" I whined. They both laughed as my phone started to ring. It was Colby. I put a finger up and answered it. "Hey, babe. You OK?"

"Yeah, where'd you go this morning?"

"Kayla's, why?"

"Well, you might wanna come home, Devyn's had an accident"

"Come again?"

"Devyn's had an accident, she fell down the stairs and she's bleeding. An Ambulance is on its way"

"Oh my god, I'll be there as soon as I can" I hung up. "I gotta go" I rushed out of the door and into my car. Luckily Kayla and Colby didn't live far from each other. When I arrived, I didn't see an Ambulance. I ran inside to see a small puddle of blood at the bottom step and a couple drops leading to the game room. When i followed the trail, I found Devyn lying on a bean bag with a slightly bloody Corey and the rest of the roommates around the room. Some were pacing, some were just worried.
"Maybe I can help" I ran upstairs but as I went, I heard someone whisper from behind me.

"OK, guys. It looks like we've got her, I think she's gone to get a First Aid kit" I recognised Corey's voice and rolled my eyes. As I walked downstairs I decided to do a prank myself but I felt a huge movement. I stopped in my tracks, trying to resist the urge to touch my stomach. Kat looked at me and recognised something was up instantly, she came over and we started whispering.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just felt a massive movement"

"I'm sure your fine" she smiled and walked back to the others, a few stealing glances at me. I laid down on the beanbag next to Devyn and went on my phone.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked, accusingly.

"Just checking Instagram" I replied, disinterested.

"Can't you see Devyn?" I glanced at her to see the fake blood turning pink on her white shirt - which was old so double red flag.

"Yeah, I can see the blood going pink on her shirt, sorry I meant fake blood. And I can hear you speaking to the camera" I shrugged and Corey's shoulders slumped.

"Really? We didn't get you?"

"Nope," I smiled and shook my head. Devyn sat up.

"Fine, I didn't have an accident" she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Nice try, guys" I shrugged and walked into the kitchen, feeling another movement, this time quite small. Footsteps came up behind me until arms wrapped around my waist. "Hey," I said, flipping around.

"Hi. You know, I don't like it when you sneak off in the mornings"

"I apologise, I just have to. You know how Kayla can get"

"Didn't you say she had a boyfriend?"

"Yeah but we don't want her to get triggered by being alone with a guy"

"Who is it?" I shook my head.

"I can't tell you, sorry" he pouted so I rolled my eyes playfully and wrapped my arms around his neck. "No need to pout, it won't get you anywhere"

"Says who?" he moved his hands and lifted up my shirt a little, going past my stomach. Right as his hands left, I felt a movement. A huge movement. Just incase he might have felt it, I pulled his hands away, I was surprised he hadn't even noticed the bump.

"Not right now, Colby" his hands were nice though, they were warm, too. I held them by our sides and started talking a little bit. A few people came in and out of the room but I took no notice. Over time, his hands were on my hips and my arms were resting on his.

"Why are you two still standing in here?" Corey asked.

"We're talking, leave us alone. Unless you want me to start making out with him on the couch in there?" I asked, eyebrow raised.

"Nope, I don't need to see that" I nodded triumphantly and called out for Devyn.

"Yes?" she asked as she walked in.

"Wanna have a girl's day tomorrow? Me, you, Kat, Amanda and Alex. I haven't spoken to him in a while" she nodded enthusiastically. "Go tell 'em" she rushed away upstairs as I moved away from Colby, texting Alex. He agreed so I rushed upstairs, for no reason, and flopped on Colby's bed.