An Abandoned Place Part 2

I woke up the next morning without Colby there. I didn't wake up that early usually so the idea that he wasn't here yet was worrying. I got up, going straight into the girl's room. As they were both still asleep, I showered and changed into some clothes, doing my makeup and hair afterward.

I walked back into heir room and checked the time, they should be waking up soon. I suddenly got a couple texts from Colby.

Colby - They're still patrolling

Colby - We've been in the same place for hours on end

Me - When do you think they'll get out?

Colby - When they find us

Me - Wait, they've been searching for hours but still haven't found any of you?

Colby - No

Me - Don't you think they'd just give up by now?

Colby - That's what we thought too

Colby - I've got to go, it sounds like they're leaving now

Me - OK, text me when you've left

Before he texted back, I noticed a movement, looking to see Alison staring at me. I smiled and put my phone away. When I'd fed and dressed them both, I got a text.

Colby - They left so we bolted out. We're in the car

Me - Thank god

I helped Alison into a sitting position and somehow she managed to keep her head up. I gasped and smiled.
"Well done!" Luna was watching from her crib. "Shall we see if you can do that?" I gently let Ali lie down and helped Lu. She did it too. "Wow, well done you guys!" as I was laying Lu back down, I heard a door open downstairs.

I walked to the top of the steps, listening. "Elton, why are you in such a shitty mood?" Corey asked.

"Why? Because I had to get bailed out of jail! Jail!"

"At least we bailed you out!" Sam exclaimed.

"That was once, guys and my phone was dead" he defended. I came down the steps. They noticed me at once.

"Stop arguing, all of you shut up, he didn't know you were there so it was an accident and you shouldn't be so pissed because they did bail you out so you're not in that much trouble" I said, making the guys shut their mouths. I smiled triumphantly and went back upstairs.

I sat on the beanbag with Alison, holding her in an upright position and watching as she held her head up, though with slight difficulty. Colby walked in a few moments later.

"She can do it!" he announced, closing the door.

"Yeah, Ali and Lu both held their heads up today." Ali looked at Colby then smiled. His jaw dropped to the ground as I gasped. "Oh my god! You deserve to hold her!" I handed Ali to him and picked Luna up. She looked at me and smiled, too. "Awe, they both smiled!" we held them at our side, meaning they were holding and slightly turning their heads on their own.

After a little while, we put the babies in their cribs and walked out as they fell asleep. We went back to our room, sitting on the bed beside each other.
"So, h..." Colby kissed me suddenly. I pulled away with a confused look. "What was that for?"

"I missed you" he shrugged while smiling. I smiled back and leaned in myself. We didn't necessarily pull away for a while. We probably would've sat there longer if it weren't for Devyn coming in.

"Oh, sorry"

"It's alright" I smiled at her reassuringly, ushering her on.

"Just wanted to let you know that Elton is talking to a Police officer. I suggest you quickly change clothes" she pointed to Colby then left. We exchanged a glance before he went to his closet. I rushed down the stairs, seeing the officer in the door way with Elton leaning on the door.

"Hi, officer, is there a problem?" I asked. He glanced between the two of us.

"No, not really. We understand that Elton here was found in the abandoned (place - I'm too lazy to think of somewhere, sorry x) and we have reason to believe there were more with him"

"May I ask of these reasons?" I could see the officer wasn't happy.

"Well, lack of equipment is one, he was alone with only a phone and a dying flashlight. I'm not an idiot and he doesn't appear to be one either so I, and my colleagues, believe he wasn't dumb enough to come without extra items hence why we think someone else was there"

"Did it ever cross your mind that he had two but one stopped working so he threw it away but then the other stopped working, too?" the man paused, completely frozen. I glanced back at Elton and winked so the officer wouldn't see.

"There were also multiple footprints found"

"Other people that have no correlation to him"

"And it appeared as though he was distressed at the fact we were searching the building"

"Could have just wanted to get everything over with" I shrugged again, this all came to my mind as I spoke. The officer stood, glaring right at me.

"We do not have to answer any more of your questions, Ms" Colby came down the stairs with Alison under his arm.

"Is there an issue?" Smart, he used Ali to look more innocent. He'd also slightly messed up his hair. He stood next to me. The officer sighed.

"No, I'm sorry for bothering you" we waited until he was in his car and driving away before we shut the door. The three of us high fived.

"Nice job, Chlo"

"Thank you" I curtsied then took Ali from Colby's arms. She smiled at me which brought a shocked expression to form on Elton's face.

"She smiles now?!"

"Yeah" I smiled at him, showing her face, which was still smiling at me.

"Wow, you two look similar" he was taken back by it.

"Do we? I haven't really looked in a mirror with her"

"Yeah, it's crazy isn't it" Colby added.

"Insane" Elton corrected. Devyn and Kat walked down the stairs, noticing the baby was sitting up and when they saw her smile, they squealed.

"Awe! So cute" I laughed and took Ali back upstairs. She fell asleep quickly. Faster than I'd expect, actually.