Realisation

All the girls hadn't been together long enough without someone around for Kat to tell me her hunch. It had been three days and was really starting to annoy me.

We all sat on the couch with one of Sam's new vlogs playing on the TV. All sitting in silence, unless there was a funny bit, of course, we stared intently at the screen. 

"So, Kat, any news for the camera?" Sam's voice asked from the screen.

"No" she said in a cute voice. A second later she was smiling and rocking in a little ball on the bed.

"OK, how about stories?" she thought for a second then shook her head - an innocent expression on her face. They kept talking on-screen while I thought about what to have for dinner. It was a usual thing for me to think about food at random times.

My eyes suddenly focused on Kat - real life Kat - who sat leaning against Sam with a happy expression and interested eyes. Devyn was doing something similar with Corey and Amanda was here with Elton. They were cuddled up on opposite ends of the couch whilst Colby was lying down on his side behind me - I sat in front of his stomach, leaning on the back of the couch. Aaron sat alone on the end of our couch but he looked happy, too, laughing at the screen as we did. 

I heard my phone from the other room so I stood up, ignoring the looks I was getting, and walked towards the kitchen where the old phone lay on the island. A text from the Hospital nearby appeared.

Hospital- Hello, miss Rose. We would like you to come in for a check up today.

Me- Please, allow me to call you

Hospital- No, no, easier for us to do it.

The phone rang so I accepted and placed it to my ear.

"Hello, miss Rose"

"Hello"

"We need you for a checkup today"

"Why?"

"Because something came up in your results"

"What? You mean that I carry my mom's disease"

"Your mom's disease?"

"Yes, it's got something to do with slowly shutting down organs after 20 years of giving birth."

"Oh, right. No, that is not what I want to talk about. We think you may be..." before they could finish, a footstep behind me made me jump and I accidentally hit end.

Me- So sorry. I am very busy tonight. I shall come in tomorrow.

Hospital- As long as you do

I spun to see Kat. She grabbed my arm and pulled me outside, Devyn and Amanda following us. I was so confused until I realised they were getting to a safe distance to talk. We sat down, facing the door so we could not get caught off guard saying the wrong thing.

"So?" I asked after moments of silence. They still remained quiet, staring at each other with meaningful looks. It was like they were trying to telepathically talk to each other. I allowed them to have their moment, staring at the ground while they mentally murdered each other.

It was at least two minutes before anyone spoke, and the words were disappointing.

"We don't feel like we should tell you" finally Kat turned her gaze towards me.

"Why?" my face now wore a frown and anger laced my voice.

"Incase we're wrong" now Devyn was looking at me. I stared at Amanda, wondering why she hadn't pitched in but gave up, looking to Kat, who had an idea this whole time.

"C'mon I need to know! If it's something so important that you're so worried about it you can't tell me, then it's something I need to know" back to the meaningful stares. They didn't look back at me, just walked inside, quickly and looking concerned.

I groaned and followed them, walking back to the living room, where they had already sat with their boyfriends again. Trying not to act suspicious, I resumed my place on the couch.

After the newest vlogs of all the roommates, the TV was turned off and now we switched to talking. We went from topic to topic within seconds.

The whole time I couldn't help but stare at Kat, in an effort to put pressure on her. As expected, she never even galnced over.

I decided to go upstairs after a while, lying flat on Colby's bed with my mind in a completely different place. It was only the sound of the door handle startling me, that brought me out of my reverie.

At some point after the sound, Aaron had stepped inside and was now standing in the center of the room, staring.

"I need your help" he pleaded off the bat, hands clasped, pupils huge with plea.

"With what?" I eyed him suspiciously. I knew it was only Aaron, but the fact that he asked me, meant he really needed help.

"There's this girl, right. I met her through YouTube and we've made some videos together. I really really like her but I'm not sure how to ask her out or should I find where she stands first?" words sputtered out in a broken rhythm and eyes glazed over.

"Personally I'd prefer for you to find where she stands. If I were the girl that's what I'd prefer, anyway" I shot a reassuring smile at Aaron, which he responded to with a, still nervous but less, half-hearted smile.

He left the room after seconds, seemingly thinking over what to say. He'd probably need more help and I was happy to do that for him.

The possibilities of Kat, Devyn and Amanda telling me what was happening were very slim unless they got some proof. What could it be?

I thought about what they'd asked me to do and say. I told them I threw up every morning, I told them I felt completely fine afterwards, I told them for some reason I couldn't eat potato's - which I love - and then they asked me to turn to the side then lift up my shirt so they could see my... wait... no... oh my god... that can't... that can't be... right, could it?