The Start Of The Dreams

"I heard snippets of your conversation on the phone and I know that your mother has that horrible illness however I also know you don't. We are just trying to make a bad situation good, celebrate with us?" Kat smiled warmly, her arms outstretched.

"By celebrate you mean..."

"Have a party!"

"Oh, no no. I couldn't do that"

"Why?" her curiosity was clear in her voice and the other's eyes.

"I'm just not up for a party" their eyebrows raised.
"Seriously"

"Ok, fine, movie night?" Devyn suggested.

"I guess I could settle for that" smiles covered their faces so we all sat on the couches or floor and threw a movie on.

It was a decent movie, the best bits being when the action scenes meant I could tune out for a few minutes. Action films were quite interesting but I tended to forget the actual action and focus on the story line, of course with some there was nothing but the action.

My eyes drooped when I heard the movie credits, I decided to leave them closed and see if I could sleep.

"Colby" Devyn whispered, "Chloe's asleep"

"Sssh" Corey hushed. I knew Colby was right beside me so I cuddled into him, getting comfortable.

"That's so cute" Kat whispered in the same hushed tone as the other two. I felt my consciousness slipping as arms wrapped tightly under my legs and shoulders.

The dream that played in my head frightened me. I was with a young girl who had long brown hair and bright blue eyes. She was scared and tugging on my shirt, I asked her what was wrong to get the answer of monsters in the closet. It shouldn't have been enough to scare yet the idea was terrifying to me.

"Chloe? Chloe? It's OK, I'm here" Colby's voice made me open my eyes. Tears were streaming down my cheeks though I didn't know they were there and my throat hurt as though I'd been shouting.
"Chloe! Hey, you're OK"

"I... know. What happened?" I asked, noticing Colby was in his sleep ware and had messy hair.

"You weren't exactly screaming but you were... screeching" I looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Screeching?"

"Shouting words" my eyes widened remembering the dream. Please say I didn't say anything that revealed it or my secret.

"What did I um..." I gulped "say?" his face turned soft.

"You were literally just saying everything's fine, everything's fine, don't be scared, want me to help?" hopefully he wouldn't put any pieces together.

"What time is it?" my eyes looked for the little alarm clock that sat on his bedside table.

"Three forty two" I put my face in my hands.

"I bet I woke everyone up" he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and lifted my face from my hands.

"I'm sure they don't mind, we all know the... issues" a small smile was on my face even though I knew he couldn't see it. My hand reached out for his face, pulling it to mine. He pulled away fast.
"What's that for?"

"Being a good boyfriend" I pulled him closer one more time before lying back down.

"What are you doing?" his voice had a tint of accusation.

"Going back to sleep?" my confusion seeped through my voice. Instead of saying more, he pulled me back up and reattached our lips.

"I'm not done yet" he mumbled making me giggle. I pulled away quickly.

"Colby..."

"What? As I'm awake" he pushed me down and hovered above me. I giggled and went along. It didn't go very far, just making out for a little while.

"I think we should go to sleep" I whispered, a huge smile remaining from the last twenty minutes.

"But whyyyy" he whined.

"We'll be tired tomorooooowww" I mocked his tone which he didn't seem to like.

"Don't be mean" I laughed at him quietly which ended up breaking him as well. We both went to sleep a few moments later.

The dream did not occur, fortunately, so I got a good sleep. The next thing I knew, I was sitting up, looking for the time. Obviously I'd slept in, along with Colby.

As my feet touched the hard floor of the hallway, a sudden feeling of nausea washed over me. My hand went to my head and my brows furrowed.

"You OK?" Sam's voice startled me. My eyes made contact with Sam, Kat and Aaron standing in the game room.

"Um, yes. I'm fine" the second my mouth closed, I felt something come up my throat. I ran, fast, to the bathroom, not able to close the door behind me before it exited. I heard voices and footsteps. Next thing I knew, Kat was kneeling next to me and Devyn was holding my hair.

"What's wrong?" she asked, worried.

"I'm not sure, just some sort of sickness I'm sure" a reassuring smile appeared on my face just after I had washed out my mouth.
"Thanks for holding my hair and being there for me" I said gratefully to both girls.

"It's no problem" they both said at the same time, we laughed a little then walked into the kitchen.

"You good?" Sam asked with a kind smile and small hug.

"Yeah, thanks" he pulled away to sit in the game room once more with Kat. Devyn and Aaron walked into the living room leaving me alone. My eyes searched the cabinets without my body actually moving. Eventually I fixed myself something to eat.

My eyes felt droopy, though the late morning. I'd never really felt tired after a nice sleep so it was strange to do so. My thoughts were interrupted by arms around my waist, a kiss on the neck and being spun around to face none other than Colby.

"Hey,"

"Hey," his smile was large but kind of hidden.
"So, what's happened this morning? Sam said you had an incident"

"Oh, I was just a little sick, it's not much" the smile faded fast.

"Not much?" he asked skeptically.

"Yeah, not much of a big deal. I'm completely OK, though I'm a little tired"

"Promise you're fine?"

"Promise" the smile returned but disappeared out of my view when he moved close enough for our lips to touch. I kissed him back, wrapping my arms around his neck while he tightened his grip.

"Huh hmm" the clearing of someone's voice made me push Colby away and move. My eyes only looked at the clothing and based on that, it was Corey. Finally I convinced myself to look up at his face to reveal I was right.

"Sorry" it came out as a squeak.