Bonding

Five days later

I was able to walk now completely fine. The babies needed to be fed every 2-3 hours during the day, which I always did and Colby took on the responsibility at night (1-2 feeds).

I quite liked being a mom. It was like nothing I'd ever experienced before, not even like looking after my little brothers. I had such a strong maternal instinct that they were nothing alike.

Colby had put off making a video since the babies were easily disturbed. I'd said I didn't mind when he made it, as long as the babies were fed, washed, newly changed and dressed.

They were both a week old, so very young. Both me and Colby had posted pictures of them, usually putting something on their head to tell them apart on video. With the amount of time I spent with them, I could see the differences.

They weren't old at all but we'd made a bedtime routine - where we'd give them a wash (top and tail), change them into a new diaper, put them in pyjamas (vest and a warm sleeping suit), wrap them up in their crib then whoever carried all of this out would stay in the room and talk to them. If it was Alison, she'd listen as I talked to Luna to bath and change her but if it was Luna, I'd simply talk about something else. When they were both asleep, I'd turn off the light and close the door.

I was sitting on the comfy rug with Alison and Luna when Colby came in with a bean bag. "Ummm... why do you have a bean bag?" I asked.

"Because then you don't have to sit on the floor" he put it in a large area that I couldn't think of a use for other than floor space.

"Good idea..."

"Thank you" he sat down next to me, holding out a hand. I gently passed Alison to him and brought Luna closer. We sat talking and spending time with the babies for a while. By the time we'd put them both down in their crib for a little bit, it was almost time for dinner. Colby went downstairs while I quickly fed both babies followed by rocking them a little, to help them fall asleep.

When I got to the kitchen, I could see all the roommates were in the game room with their separate plates and the pizza slices on top. "We should really start making our own food" I said as I grabbed a plate and walked in, sitting down next to Kat on the couch.

"We should but you guys will have to for Ali and Lu" Corey stated, "unless you want them to get used to take out, which I have no issue with" I rolled my eyes and took a bite.

"Any of you thinking about babies?" I asked, kind of sarcastically.

"No" they all replied, to which I laughed.

"Fair enough" we all bonded as we ate. I washed up for everyone with Kat drying and Devyn putting away. As usual, the guys didn't help but Colby went upstairs to check on Ali and Lu. As soon as I'd finished, I went up, going into the room to see Colby sitting on the bean bag typing something on his phone.
"Did you take a picture?" I asked as I walked to the cribs, peeking inside.

"Yeah, they were just too cute" he smiled goofily as I sat next to him, it was a big bean bag. The picture was absolutely adorable.
"So, the guys asked me to go to an abandoned place with them in about three weeks time, apparently that's the only time they can go so do you think..."

"You can go. I don't mind doing the night feedings too. It's your job, Colbs, I know you love it so I'm not going to stop you just because I'll have to get up a few times in the night." he smiled then turned to me.

"Thanks" he gave me a hug. I glanced at the time, noticing the babies would need to start their routine in a moment.

"I need to get the babies ready for bed, out" I ordered.

"Yes mo... that's not an insult anymore, huh?" I laughed and pushed him out. I took Alison and started her routine, talking about life then I got Luna ready. When I'd finished, I stood next to them and talked a little bit. I saw that they were asleep so I walked to the window, closing the blinds then going to the door and closing it on my way out.

Once I got downstairs, I heard Devyn and Corey talking. "I know we were thinking about it but the house doesn't have room" Devyn said.

"I think the house has room, our bedroom would be fine to have an area devoted to one" Corey replied.

"I don't know, Chloe JUST had a baby and I don't think it'd be fair if we dumped another into the mix. Plus, I'm too young"

"Chloe's younger"

"But she's smarter and a far better parent to begin with. I swear that girl was born to have a child"

"Devyn, listen to me, you can be as good of a mom as she is AND I bet you, everything would be completely fine and no one would think you're too young. Well... there'd be some people but they don't matter to us" there was a few moments of silence.

"I think you'd both be good moms" I said, popping my head around the corner. Thir eyes flicked to me instantly.

"Thank you" Corey said in a girly voice. I laughed then turned my attention to Devyn.

"You'd be a great mom but at the same time, you don't wanna rush into anything, you know? Have one when or if you're ready" I was walking to her the entire time and she crashed into me as she hugged me.

"Thanks" she whispered. I smiled and hugged her back,

"No sweat" I whispered back.