An Abandoned Place Part 1

3 Weeks Later

It was the day that Colby was going to go to an abandoned place. It was also the girl's first month of being alive. We switched roles for the evening as Colby put them to bed. I, obviously, stood as superviser, just in case he messed up the routine. We stood together in our room, standing quite close.

"COLBY!" Corey shouted, interrupting my sentence.

"Guess it's time for me to go" he shrugged and leaned his head down towards me. I tilted my head in response and our lips met. They lingered for a little while until Sam yelled for him to hurry up. I smiled and pulled away, though I didn't go far.
"Maybe I should just stay" I smiled.

"No, you need to go and earn that pay check" I ruffled his hair, pushing him towards the door.

"Yes mo... I keep forgetting that won't work" I laughed as he left, closing the door behind him. We'd been so caught up in the babies that we hadn't kissed like that for a while. It'd just been morning or night pecks and not much more. It left me smiling.

I laid on my bed, going through Instagram for once in ever. I saw some of Colby's story, mostly about Alison and Luna. Then I went to his actual account. The photos went from him modelling to two adorable little babies. My adorable little babies. I liked them then went to the photo of me when I was pregnant. All of the comments were sweet and hopeful that the twins were OK. It was comforting to see.

I walked to Corey's room, knocking the door. Devyn answered with a smile. "Hey, everything OK?"

"Yeah, I was going to go to the gym, do you mind watching over the twins? You just have to stay in the area and listen out for crying. They shouldn't wake up for a while anyway" she paused, unsure of what to say. "Plus, it'd be good practice" I subtly pointed to her stomach, making her smile.

"Yeah, of course I can. But I wouldn't go to the gym alone, Chlo. Not after the things that have happened to you"

"I'll call Kayla" Devyn nodded in approval and walked to the nursery as I walked to my room, changing into a sports bra with a vest over the top, yoga pants, and some sneakers.
"Hey, Kayla?"

"Yeah?"

"What have you got going on tonight?"

"Hmmm... nothing really, why?"

"Wanna come to the gym with me?"

"Is anyone else going with you?"

"No,"

"Then definitely. You can't go alone. Come pick me up, yeah?"

"Yeah, see you soon" she hung up so I walked down to my car, hopping in and driving to Kayla's. I didn't even have to get out as she was ready and waiting. Once we arrived, we went straight for the treadmills.

"Who's watching Ali and Lu?"

"Devyn"

"Reliable but where's Colby?"

"He's gone exploring" she whipped her head in my direction.

"You let him go?"

"Yes. He loves exploring and it's his main income, poor Sam's had to do a bunch alone or with replacements"

"Fair point but isn't there a voice in the back of your mind saying the worst?"

"Of course there is but when it comes to it, I can't stop him doing what he loves" we continued to talk as we worked out. Chatting like girls did. Eventually we were quite tired so I drove her back to her place and then went to mine. I walked in to Aaron pacing.
"You OK?"

"No, my g... friend has got into some trouble"

"What's happened?"

"Sh... she..." a moment later someone burst into the house. I spun around to see a girl I didn't recognise with a blood trail down the side of her face. She ran straight to Aaron, hugging him for dear life. Then she tilted up her head and they kissed for a few seconds. I closed the door, clearing my throat.

"And... who's this?"

"Oh, shoot" Aaron mumbled, he then looked at her and noticed the blood. "Are you OK?"

"Mostly, the car didn't hit anything vital. My head just hit lightly off the ground"

"Enough to start bleeding? That's not lightly"

"It's fine" she walked to a mirror, wiping the blood in one sweep. I shook my head knowing I wouldn't get answers, going to the nursery. Devyn laid on the bean bag asleep with her phone resting on her belly. She definitely looked beautiful when she slept. I peeked into both cribs: they were asleep; then finding and placing a blanket over Devyn.

I showered because, let's face it, I needed one. As I was pulling on my leggings and large hoodie that I slept in, I heard my phone ringing. It was Colby.

"H..."

"Things are bad" he whispered.

"What do you mean? Cops or criminals?"

"Cops. Looks like we're in trouble. They haven't quite found us yet"

"Quite?"

"Well they've seen Elton but don't know we're in the building, too"

"You shouldn't be on the phone then, text me the moment you're out of the building and again when you're on your way home" I hung up so he wouldn't keep talking. They had less chance of finding him that way.

Devyn came into my room looking sleepy. "Hey, nappy" I teased, walking over to her.

"Hi. The babies are asleep. How are the guys or don't you know?"

"Ok one, I know they're asleep: I checked on them and two, it's not so good but I'm sure they'll get back" she accepted my words and began to walk out. "but Dev?"
She turned to look at me; "Go to bed" she nodded on her way out.

I stayed up for a little bit longer, going to bed at a pretty average time. I heard crying so I woke up and fed both babies; having to wake Alison up in the process then I went back to bed. That wasn't so bad.