Girl's Day

The next day, I had decided to meet the girls and Alex at the mall. We'd been talking for a while and I decided it was time to tell him.

"Hey, Alex. Remember when I texted you yesterday?"

"Ooo, are you gonna spill the tea?"

"Are you telling him?" Kat asked. I nodded so she smiled.

"OK so here goes, for the past two months, I have been..." I watched his face. "Pregnant with twins" his jaw could have hit the floor it dropped so low. I laughed at his reaction. He immediately put a hand on my stomach then gasped.

"I thought you were lying!" I shook my head, smiling. "Oh my god! Congrats!"

"Thank you" I gave him a hug as the girls kept laughing.

"Welcome to the club, Alex"

"How long have you known?" he asked.

"A while, since pretty much the start" Kat shrugged as we laughed at Alex's face.

As we were walking around, drinking and talking, I spotted someone I'd much rather forget. The guy who pushed me into my own car and tried to rape me was stood with a woman.

It looked as though he was hitting on her. He leaned into her ear, which she tried to dodge, and whispered something. I saw how terrified she was until she followed him, walking somewhere out of the building. I bit my lip nervously. Glancing back at the group I was with, they were chatting about something.

I couldn't let him rape that poor woman. But what if he hurt me? What about my twins?

After a breath, I thought it was best to help the woman so I slowly slipped away from the group. As soon as I was out of sight, I ran out the same doors they had walked through.

I had to circle the building to find them. He was pushing her against a car, one hand in her pants and whispering in her ear. I could see she wanted to leave.

She caught my eye and saw the sympathy I had for her. She knew I was going to help. 'Go along with it' I mouthed to her. She started fake-moaning so I snuck up behind the guy, kicking him right in the balls. He fell to the ground so I helped the woman, we ran away but not before be saw my face.

Shit, he knew where I lived. I couldn't think about that, I got her further away from him before calling the Police. They advised me to come in person.

She was non-stop thanking me. "Why did you help?" she asked.

"He's tried to rape me before" I replied, "and a man as shitty as that deserves worse than prison but you gotta get rid of him somehow, right?" I laughed, trying to lighten the mood. She just smiled as we approached Kat and Devyn, who were trying to spot someone in the small crowds.

The moment they saw me, they rushed over; Devyn pulled out her phone while Kat gave me a hug.
"We were worried about you guys!"

"Guys?" the woman asked, "there's only you" she said confused. I smiled and shook my head, pointing to my stomach.

"Twins" her mouth gaped open.

"And you still helped me?"

"It was the right thing to do" I shrugged.

"You helped her with what?" Devyn asked suspiciously as Amanda and Alex arrived.

"A man was trying to rape me, she kicked him in the nuts and pulled me away, we ran all the way over here" they looked at each other.

"But you're..." Alex started.

"I know, but I've been through the same thing..." I smiled at the woman "with the same man" I added.

"It was Eric again?" Amanda asked. "I was told he'd been jailed"

"Eric?"

"Yeah, he was friends with Elton, remember? Worked at the warehouse where it happened to you"

"Oh my god, you two are coming with me to the Police station" I said pointing between the woman and Amanda. They both nodded. "Sorry to cut the day short but..."

"We understand, go get that dickhead" I laughed at Devyn's curse words.

"So Eric Whittleman attempted rape on both of you?"

"Yes"

"Yes" we both answered at the same time.

"When?"

"I'm not sure when it happened to me but it happened today for this woman here"

"Relation to each other?"

"Aquantancies" I replied. The Policeman nodded.

"OK well, you've done your part, it's time for us to do ours. Thank you for coming in, we will start a search for him as soon as we can" we both nodded and began to leave.

"Thank you for your help" I said as we left the station. We got in my car and I drove her to her apartment building; she gave me a huge hug as she climbed out.

When we got home, we were greeted by our boyfriends. Both giving us a hug.

"You shouldn't do the Police's job for them" Elton said as he pulled away from Amanda. I pulled away from Colby and smiled at him. I knew why he was saying that.

"Well, I know how she felt and I wasn't gonna let her suffer" Colby's eyes were burning into my soul so I looked at Elton instead.

"But it's dangerous" he said with meaning in his voice.

"I came out unscathed, didn't I? Plus you lot do the opposite of what I did and that's more dangerous" they went to argue back but couldn't think of anything. We walked inside and to the kitchen. Elton and Amanda walked into the garage, leaving me and Colby alone in the kitchen.

"You know, when Devyn, Kat and Alex came back saying you'd kicked a guy in the balls for trying to rape a woman and took her to the Police station, I was mad that you would risk your life for a complete stranger" I went to respond but he put his hands on my stomach, looking down at it. After a few moments I knew I had to stop his staring.

"Colbs?" his eyes flicked to my face. It worked. "I'm fine, OK? And I saved a woman from rape, it's something to feel good about" he smiled with one side of his mouth.

"You wouldn't keep secrets from me, right?"

"No, why?" he was looking into my eyes, they burned into my soul like before. I also knew why he was asking.

"Well," someone save me, "I thought I felt..."

"Hey! You're OK!" Kat yelled as she ran over to me. Thank god! I moved away from Colby, peeling his hands off in the process.

"Completely!" I smiled and hugged her.

"I'm glad, Alex is just talking to Aunt Corey upstairs. Wanna come and say hi?" I nodded, glancing at Colby and running up the stairs with Kat. That was close. Way too close.

That night, I went to 'sleep' as soon as I could, avoiding being alone with Colby for too long. When he laid down next to me, he started talking to himself.

"Is it possible that you're pregnant? No, you can't be, we were always careful. But I swear I felt something move, not a kick, just a movement or... something" I could feel him looking at me. "You're so beautiful when you sleep. I know you can't hear me right now but, if you're pregnant, I won't leave, I'll stay and I'll care for you and for him or her and we'll be a family" I tried not to smile. He sighed and laid down more.

I started to get thirsty later in the night so I got out of bed and walked downstairs. I turned on the kitchen light on the way.

As I was drinking water, I felt something cold touch my back and a hand took away my glass, suddenly covering my mouth. "Scream or make a noise and I'll kill whoever comes down the stairs, got it?" I nodded my head and stood still. I recognised his voice instantly... Eric.