Go That Far

I was right. I was very right. The second he walked through the door I felt rage. And lots of it. He sat in silence while I kept bringing up everything he's ever done and always linked back to him not seeing my mom, HIS WIFE, when she was about to die.

"Listen, listen" he calmed, holding out a hand to pull me down on the couch he sat on.
"I'm not going to see her because, well. I can't"

"Bullshit" I accused. It felt nice to release all this anger.

"No. It's not. I can't fly on airplanes anymore and, well, it's dangerous for me to be in cars for long amounts of time"

"What crap!" the rage built up until I saw the genuine look in his eyes.
"Explain" I snapped.

"It's because your mom is not the only one with a disease"

"What do you mean?" I started to get worried now.

"I'm not gonna explain all of it to you. The basics are, the pressure of both planes and cars build up so I start to get nose bleeds and feel sick and..." he trailed off as he stared into space.

Was he talking crap? I couldn't tell. It seemed legit but also like he was getting out of seeing my mother.

"Listen, I've got stuff to do today. I'd appreciate it if you at least called mom, that's the actual most you can do apparently." he sat still for a moment, not quite processing what I was saying. When it clicked, he stood and walked to the door.

"Bye" he mumbled as he opened the door, startled by something before he walked away. I heard the front door downstairs slam shut. I started to think about everything but all thoughts left when Colby stepped into the room, closing the door behind him.

"Hey. I heard everything" he sat beside me, smiling.

"And I said everything" he chuckled then pulled me into a hug. I didn't stay there for long because shortly after the embrace started, I tilted my face towards him.

His response was good, immediately catching on and locking lips with me. As usual, his hands dropped from my shoulders and slithered between my arms to my waist while mine gently leant on his arms.

I slowly started to shuffle onto his lap as everything kept happening. Eventually, I was sitting with my legs around his waist, his arms around my waist, my hands around his neck and our lips barely separating.

These were the kind of moments I enjoyed, but also the kind of moments I hoped he enjoyed too, because, they showed love and sent away all my thoughts in an instant.

Obviously something had to ruin our moment...s.

The door flung open, not quite making me jump but making me quickly climb off of Colby and sit away from him.

"Sorry guys" Sam's apologetic voice filled the room.
"Me and Kat were downstairs and we knew your dad had left so we were gonna come upstairs but then we got... distracted" he glanced at Kat for a moment then snapped back to target.

"Do you know what knocking is?" Colby sounded pissed.

"Obviously but my mind's racing right now. Anyway! How are you feeling, Chloe? Are you ok?" his expression consisted of sympathy and a feeling I hadn't seen in him before; it was a mixture of lust and love,towards Kat I assumed.

"You don't have to ask. Could you close the door behind you? Oh, and lock your door if you're about to do what I think you're about to do" I winked at Kat then smiled at Sam.

"Glad you're OK, Chloe" she smiled as she pulled on Sam's arm to get him out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, I crawled over Colby and locked it. Then turned back to him, he had a similar look in his eye as he stared back at me.

After a second, he pulled me to him, resuming our prior position exactly but, this time, I pushed him back so I now laid on top of him.

Suddenly, he flipped us over so that he was on top, being careful where his body weight was and hovering above me.

My mind had lost all thought. Even the awkward encounter had slipped away. It was like a kind of mind control - in fact it was a mind control in some relationships.

I snapped back to reality when Colby started to slide his hand up and down my side, - the feeling was strange, but something I'd felt before. I could tell he didn't want this to go far but he couldn't help himself. It was shown through his movements, I could always tell.

When his hand reached my hip once more, it started to continue to my thigh. I quickly caught it, and brought it back up.

"Colby, I know you don't want this to go that far, so I won't let you" he stared into my eyes as I reassured him.

"But if you want..."

"No, Colby. It's OK" when I smiled I saw a hint of relief on his face before he leaned back down. He began moving his hand again but this time, never further than my hip and not much higher than the top of my stomach.

I caught him by surprise by flipping us back over. He pulled my leg up by the thigh, disregarding his own current thoughts, and placed his hands on my neck and hair.

"Colby" I warned. I felt him smile before I moved my leg back, it was at least, less sexual.

The moment didn't last very long, we both knew that if it went on for just a minute or so, we wouldn't be able to stop.

I climbed off of him, then walked to my phone, seeing a message from Alex. Something was wrong with Kayla. He didn't know her but he had sent a text about 'the girl who lives in 356'.

Me- What happened?

Alex- She got raped

Me- By who?

Alex- I don't know the guy. He looks kinda familiar but I don't think I've officially met him. I've seen you talking to him a couple times.

Could it have been Brennen? No, he wouldn't do that.

Me- I'll be right there

My legs moved before my mind did, I sprinted as fast as possible to my car, picking up the keys on the way. Before Colby or anyone else in the house could catch up, I was gone.

I pulled into my space and ran to the elevator, going straight to Kayla's door, knocking then entering. Alex sat with Kayla next to him, crying.

"Hey Kayla, what happened?" I sat beside her with a reassuring smile on my face.