Birthday

It was the next day, AKA my birthday. The roommates didn't know so I wasn't expecting any special treatment. I woke up and rolled over to see Colby wasn't there - slightly confused I sat up and looked around the room. He was no where to be seen. I decided I'd get up and change clothes as well as do a little more makeup than usual - just to look slightly better. Once I put my hair in a half up, half down style I walked to the stairs, on my phone. That's when I saw it was nine: why would the house be so quiet? As I walked down the stairs I tried to look into the kitchen - with no luck - then the bar room - again no luck. I gave up looking and just walked. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I caught movement in the corner of my eye so I turned my head towards it.

"SURPRISE!" eight voices shouted all at once. I looked at all the roommates plus Alex and Kat.

"Guyssss" I said looking at the '20' shaped balloon. "How did you all find out?" I asked; they all pointed to Colby and Alex. 

"They worked together to stalk you until they found out your birthday" Corey said as the two shrugged.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Devyn asked.

"I don't really like being the center of attention"

"That was out the window the minute Colby fell in love with you" Sam had a smug smirk whilst switching between looking at me and Colby.

"Clearly" I mumbled as I walked over to them all. "Thanks anyway"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" they shouted in my ear: I covered them until they were done.

"Thanks" I chuckled. 

"We all got you presents" Devyn exclaimed happily.

"Hold on, is this why you were all acting weird"

"Yup" Kat answered for all of them.

"OK, at least I know why now"

"Come on! Presents!" Devyn grabbed my arm and pulled me to the couch in the game room, where she forcefully made me sit. The group walked to the kitchen - the first to return being Devyn, with a bag in her hand - before sitting with me. "Me first!" she said as she handed me the bag. I opened it and took out the box inside; it was quite large with no logos or anything distinctive. As I opened the box I knew what it was: when I went with her, Kat and Amanda to the mall I pointed out a dress I really liked but was expensive so I never got. Once the lid of the box was completely off I lifted up the dress. 

"How in the world did you remember that?" I asked.

"I knew you liked it then I found the perfect excuse to get it for you" she smiled widely. I gave her a small hug so she took the bag and box and sat next to me. Corey was next, he handed me a box with a ribbon around it - not as big as Devyn's but not as small as it would be if it was a piece of jewelry - once I pulled it off and opened the lid, I saw a dream catcher. 

"I know it won't actually help but..."

"It's the thought that counts, thanks Corey" he gave me a nod and short smile then sat next to Devyn. Next was Kat who handed me a small box with a makeup logo on it; once again it was something I pointed out on our trip to the mall. A lipstick in a pretty shade, which was too expensive to me at the time (and still is) I opened the box fully and thanked her, giving her a hug. Aaron handed me a shirt and upon looking at it, it was some of his merch.

"I thought you might want it for free - I wasn't gonna charge you for it because I'd feel bad and we're friends anyway" he gave me a smile; I had mentioned buying some of his merch before but never actually got round to it, good thing I guess.

"Why thank you Aaron" he sat aside allowing Elton to walk over with a tiny bag. After taking it from him, I looked inside revealing some earphones. 

"I heard you say yours broke so I got you some new ones" he explained.

"Thanks" he gave a nod and moved out of the way for Alex. 

"Now, this isn't wrapped in any way but I thought it was kinda pretty so I got this for you" I saw what he was holding and it was a silver 'C' - it looked like a Pandora charm but I didn't want to assume.

"Thanks, Alex" I took it from his hand and placed it with the other presents.

"I co-ordinated with Alex and got a 'R' so your initials were in charm form" Sam explained as he handed me the same small silver object but an 'R' instead of 'C'. Last was Colby, he held out a small box, which I opened to reveal a silver bracelet.

"You three co-ordinated didn't you" I said looking between the three of them.

"Yup, they did" Kat started to whisper "And I helped them - boys are hopeless with jewelry" I laughed and thanked Colby as he placed the bracelet on my wrist. 

"Thanks, Colby" I gave him a wide smile and a small peck then picked the stuff from everyone up - starting to walk upstairs.

"And where are you going?" Elton asked, standing in front of me.

"To put everything away" I tried to get passed but he stopped me.

"Your birthday so nope, I'll do that" he took everything and went upstairs.

"Now, we have a fun day ahead of us" Devyn said excitedly while clapping her hands. 

"Uh oh" we all laughed. When Elton returned Devyn started to explain. 

"Later on, we're going to a party... all of us, in celebration of two decades of life for Chloe"

"Nuh uh, don't word it like that and I don't go to parties"

"One party won't hurt you" Kat said with a warm smile.

"But first! #Chloby have somewhere to be" I looked at Colby confused.

"Where is that?" I asked.

"Sorry, it's a surprise" he said with a slight shrug; I rolled my eyes sarcastically with a smile. 

"Lead the way" he walked over to the door and opened it, motioning for me to walk through. I obeyed, no questions asked as he led me to his car. I got in the passenger side and he started to drive away from the house. "Why can't you tell me where we're going?"

"I already said it's a surprise"

"Just tell me, it doesn't have to be a surprise"

"Nope, I want it to  be" he gave me a wide, cheesy smile so I stared out of the window trying to figure it out. Eventually we stopped by some mountains and started to hike up them, once we neared a path I knew where we were - the Hollywood sign...