Chapter TWENTY : An Accident

Chapter Twenty : 

Have you and David ever hooked up?

The question is repeating in my head over and over again and I have to answer it.

I guess the only plus side to this question is that Zane didn't ask me if we've dated, then I'd really be screwed and have to sprint out of here.

"Define hook up, like a kiss on the cheek," I ask and look at all of them and they are all waiting for some kind of tea. But, once those words come out of my mouth they all sigh and don't have as much interest.

"Sure," Todd says and I smile.

"Yes, then we have," I say and everyone shakes their head and I feel proud of myself for working around the question.

"I have one," Corinna says and I shake my head. I am so scared as what she is going to say.

"Did something happen in Vernon Hills with David that you're not telling me or Natalie about," Corinna asks and I sigh. Seriously, she is still going on with this; that was yesterday's question.

"No," I try to say as truthfully as possible but, I can already tell it's a lie because the man is making a face.

"A little bit of a lie," the lie detector man says and I shake my head. Everyone turns to look at David and he lets out a little bit of smile but, tries to keep a serious face.

"Next question," I say trying to make the process of me suffering go faster.

"Have you slept with more than three people," David asks out of the blue and I furrow my eyebrows at him, confused as to why he would want to know that.

"No, only three," I say and the man nods his head.

"Are there two that are in our friend group back home," David asks and I smile. Damn, I have to lie; even though the lie detector is going to call me out on it.

"No," I say and look at only David.

"That's a lie," the man says and David shakes his head. He mumbles something under his breath and I laugh.

"Do you think Dom is cute," Alex asks and I give him a weird look. Why would Alex ask that and not Dom?

"No but, I used to," I say and they all have wide eyes.

"Used to," Dom says and I laugh.

"Was it before or after," Natalie asks and I turn to look at her, with a sad smile.

"After He left," I say and she nods and Corinna too because she understands the conversation.

"Okay, who's up next," Todd asks and I look around.

"Wait, we're going to end on that," Heath asks and I nod.

The lie detector man begins to unstrap me and once he does, I go and sit back down where I previously was.

Carly is the one to go next and she is freaking out. She didn't want to do it but, David pressured her into it. I'm pretty sure she is going to kill hm once she's done.

Halfway through her interrogation, I get a text.

Ilya : did you tell David about that one night.

No, why?

Ilya : he said he bought me a ticket to LA and the plane is departing in an hour.

I didn't say anything, I respond to him and look at David. He's looking at Carly but, it doesn't seem like he's fully here. He's thinking about something and I'm interested as to what it is because that text I got from Ilya was really weird.

I feel someone nudge me and I look at Corinna. She nods her head in the direction of my phone and I show the text messages to them and they have wide eyes.

"Why would you sleep with Ilya, that's one of David's best friends," Natalie says in a whisper and I scoff.

"You don't think I know know that, it was a mistake. We were both very wasted and we both very much regret it," I whisper to them and they are both shaking their head at me.

"David is going to kill him," Corinna says and I sigh and turn to look at him. He's looking at me with no emotion in his eyes and I look away.

"Who is the other one from our friend group," Natalie asks and I sigh, might as well just tell them since the other one is out of the bag.

"Alex," I say and they pretend to play dead for a second.

"Why would you think to sleep with those two people out of our entire friend group back home," Natalie asks and I shrug.

"Ilya was an accident and Alex . . . he was there for me when He wasn't," I say right before Carly's lie detector test is over.

David makes an announcement in saying that he is going to go and use the restroom but, I know that's just a cue for me to follow him. He used do that when we were together too.

I wait a few seconds before going to look for him and when I do, he's in the farthest room.

"David," I try to begin to say but, can't seem to find what I am going to say after. What is there to say? We were somewhat not together anymore.

"Did you really have to," he asks and I take a seat on the bed. I don't even know who's bed this is but, the painting of David's face on the wall is very distracting.

"No and I'm sorry but, I don't really think it's necessary for you to fly them all the way out to LA," I say and he crosses his arms.

"Yes, it is. I want to know what the fuck happened," he says with his voice getting louder.

"Well you could have just asked me," I say and he shakes his head.

"I don't care why you did it. But, how could they not care to do that to me," he says and I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"You don't know the situation we were in all right," I say throwing my back onto the bed and feel him come closer to me. He pins both of his hands at the side of my body and towers over me.

"Well then tell me," he says and I look into his brown eyes and decide not to be the one to back down. I grab onto his black sweater and pull him closer to me.

"With the first one we were very wasted and the other one he may or may have not have saved me from myself," I say and he looks stiff, not wanting to make a move or else our lips may touch.

I hold onto him for one more second before letting go of him and he steps back.

"Sorry, I won't make them come but, I already bought the ticket," he says and I sit back up and shrug.

"Exchange it for a one way home then," I say and he gives me an are you serious look.

Maybe, I am.

-

A/N

like carly said, everyone is / did end up fighting after the lie detector test. but, i hoped you guys liked this chapter; it was fun making david have fun and then all of  a sudden be angry. also, sorry for leaving you guys on another cliff hanger :)

be sure to like and comment :]

see you guys next chapter <3