Chapter FORTY-TWO : I Say . . .

Chapter Forty-Two : 

I've been in the hospital for at least a day now and all the nerves have settled down a bit, they're still there but no as much.

David went off to go and bring me some food because hospital food is honestly terrible and I can't take it anymore.

If you're wondering how I am doing, thank you and I'm getting a little better. I have had a few contractions where my heart begins hurt but, luckily I keep a really good face and nobody has noticed.

I understand that I should probably tell someone but, I don't want anyone to worry. I've put them through too much already.

"Hi, loser. How are you doing," Ilya says walking into the room and I smile. Ilya had to go home the day after the crash but, he decided to extend his trip to be there for me.

"Same old, same old," I say and he gives me a kiss on my forehead.

"Where's David," he asks and I smile.

"Bringing me food," I say and he shakes his head. He knows I hate the hospital food but, he thinks I should be eating hospital food so I ignore him on the subject.

"You are so spoiled by him," he says and I roll my eyes.

"It's only because he loves me and I love him," I say and he gives me a look. I don't know what the look means but, it's concerning.

"What," I ask pressuring him into telling me.

"You really are happy with him, huh," he says and I place a hair behind my ear. I look down at my hand and mess with my ring.

"I'm sorry that I put you through all the madness of my life when David left, just so I can run back to him like a little puppy. I honestly tried so hard not to fall for him but, here we are," I say and he sighs.

"I don't care that you're back with him, I'm glad and all that I do care about is that you're happy. And you didn't put us through that for anything, Bella you went through a lot of of shit in the past three years and I'm happy that you didn't shut us out. Thank you actually for bringing us into all that," he says and I smile.

"I hate you," I say finally looking at him and he shrugs.

"I hate you too," he says and the door opens, stopping our conversation from continuing.

"Hey," David says and he walks in with a bag from olive garden. Of course that is what he brought me.

"Hey," Ilya and I both say in synchronicity and I laugh.

"Alright well I haven't eaten either so, I'm going to do that and come back. Don't do anything crazy while I'm gone," Ilya says and I shrug.

"No promises," I say and he shakes his head and walks out of the room.

"So, what happened while I was gone," he asks and I shrug.

"Oh you know the usual, a dragon came in said hi to me, I got three wishes from a genie in a bottle--" I say but David cuts me off.

"Okay, okay glad that all didn't happen. Ilya just came," he questions and I nod.

"Can I have my food please," I say and he looks at it then back at me with a whole new expression on his face.

"David," I question and he gives me a smile but, it doesn't look like his usual happy-giddy smile. It looks forced so, now I am really worried.

"I'll give you your food but, let me talk first," he says and I give him a confused look.

"You really scared me when you didn't wake up, I was thinking the worst," he says and I sigh and shake my head.

"David, let's not talk about this. I'm here and awake, we shouldn't reminisce on the past," I say and he meets my eyes.

"Let me talk or else you're not getting your food," he says and I shut up.

"As I was saying you really scared me and I began to think how my life would be without you now that you are in it. I understand that I left you awhile ago and it was honestly one of the stupidest mistakes I have ever made . . . I-I don't want you to not be in my life," he says and my heart begins to pound and it's not the contractions.

"David--" I try to say but, remember that he told me to shut up or else I don't get my food.

I look at his eyes and there beginning to grow watery, it was a bad decision to look at them because now mine are getting watery.

He gets off the chair and begins to go on one knee as he pulls a small black velvet box out of his pocket. I have no idea what to think or what to do in general, I am just freaking out.

"Isabella Elizabeth Thompson, I love you so much that words cannot even describe and if there were, I wouldn't even be able to say them because I am-am terrible at expressing things. But, all that you should know is that I love you and I want want you to be my-my wife," he says and I am about to pass out right here.

"So Bella, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive," he says and by now tears are streaming down my face and I nod.

"Of course I'll marry you, how could I say no," I say and he also tears coming down but, not as much as me.

He gets up from off the ground and embraces me in a hug and kisses me. It's honestly one of the best kisses ever and I wouldn't ask for anyone else to be my husband.

He puts the ring on my finger and it fits like a glove, the diamonds sparkles almost blind me but I am not complaining.

"David," I say sobbing and can't even form a proper sentence because I am so shocked.

"You're happy," he questions and I nod my head as I wipe away my tears.

"Very happy, are you," I ask and he plants a kiss on my lips.

"Very happy," he says and I laugh and wipe his tears away.

-

A/N

can anyone explain to me what just happened! i can't believe david proposed and bella said yes. what do you guys think about the whole situation? i also understand that i missed a posting day so, be ready for another chapter tomorrow. i am so sorry and i won't make any excuses and just blame myself. :)

be sure to like and comment :]

see you guys next chapter <3