Chapter FORTY-FOUR : Unexpected

Chapter Forty-Four : 

David's P.O.V.

"David, what's going on," Natalie says running towards Ilya and I. I decide to let Ilya answer since, I can't even form a sentence without my voice breaking and making me want to cry.

". . . now we're waiting on news from the doctor," is all I hear Ilya say and turn to look at them. I nod and Natalie gives me a worried look, I turn away from her and look at the floor instead.

We've been waiting in Bella's room since they took her out, we know that they're going to bring her back but we don't know when. However, the doctors have not told us anything and we're all just going off of gut.

I mean, we shouldn't be worried though because she is going to make it out just fine.

"Should we text the group, they know enough about her to be worried and know what's going on," Natalie says and I shake my head.

"I don't want them to know, they'll just be worried and make me even more worried with them saying it's going to be okay. I know that it is," I say and Natalie sighs and nods.

"David why don't you go and take a walk. You've been in this hospital for too long and only gone out a little bit," Ilya says and I shake my head. Natalie gives him a look as to why he even tried but, all Ilya deos is shrug.

"I want to be here when Bella comes back," I say and Ilya now gives me a look.

"You mean you want to be here when your fiance wakes up," Ilya corrects me and my cheeks turn a little bit red with a smile growing on my face.

Natalie does not know because we still haven't told anyone besides Ilya, walking and seeing the ring.

"David shut up, when did you propose? I remember you picking the ring out but, I didn't think you were going to do it that soon," Natalie says surprised and I shrug.

"She is my one and only and if i didn't do it then, I was afraid I couldn't get the shot again," I say and Natalie wraps her arms around me.

"Congratulations, oh my god. Wait, 'till the vlog squad and everyone else hears about this," she says letting go of me and I chuckle.

"Don't tell anyone though, I want Bella to be there with me when I do," I say and Natalie laughs and shakes her head.

"God, now I'm going to have to plan your guys' wedding because I'm your assistant," she says and I shake my head.

"Bella won't do that to you and knowing her, she won't trust you," I say and she scoffs. Ilya laughs and nods his head.

"Wow," she says and I laugh.

"She probably won't want her best friend running everything because she might want you next to her, telling her if it works or not," I say and she nods and smiles.

"Ahhh, I am so excited," she says and I shake my head.

The doctors come into the room and close the door behind them. We all have partial smiles on our faces, while the doctors have serious emotions. I don't know if that's just part of their training but, it sure as hell does make me nervous.

"David, friends. You might want to take a seat," one of the doctor's says and my whole facial expression changes and I am now scared.

"No, I-I don't want to take a seat. I just want you to tell me that my fi-fiance is okay, that we can see her soon," I say and the doctor sighs, knowing that I'm not going to change my mind.

"A problem occurred internally after the accident," he begins to say and my heart begins to pound.

"She had heart pains that she didn't express to us because she was scared and afraid to make you guys worry. Her heart pain was due to internal bleeding around her chest area," he says and I am afraid to look over at Natalie and Ilya because I know the looks on their faces.

"Isabella died when we tried to perform the surgery because of too much blood loss. We are very sorry," the doctor finishes and my heart drops the floor.

She's gone?

At first there is a sudden freeze between all of us but then tears begin to stream down my face and Natalie begins to ball; while Ilya tries to keep her composed.

"No, it's not true. You're lying," I tell the doctor as tears stream down my face and Ilya grabs my arm, trying to stop my from leaving but, I can't.

I need to go, I need to go somewhere. I can't be in here, I can't be where I know the person who I loved very much left us.

"David," Ilya yells once I leave the room and I run down the stairs because taking the elevator and seeing so many people is just too much for me right now.

I push the exit door open, once I am at the bottom of the stairs and walk out into the fresh air and cry out.

"Why," I ask looking up and more tears stream down my face.

"Why did you have to take her so soon," I say collapsing onto the small steps leading into the hospital and I stay because I can't move.

The one person I loved most is gone. 

-

A/N 

wow, i don't even have anything to say. david's partner is gone, bella's gone. what a plot twist to be unexpected. i hope you guys don't hate me. :)

be sure to like and comment :]

see you guys next chapter <3