Chapter TWENTY-TWO : Shopping and Talking

Chapter Twenty-Two : 

"Good morning," I tell David once I am already dressed and ready to start the day.

"Morning," he replies back and I sigh.

"Today Natalie said we were going to go shopping. I can go right," I ask him and he smiles.

"Yes, you don't have to ask. But, who said that Natalie had the day off. I need her here," he says and I laugh.

"Oh shut up, no you don't," I tell him and sit on the counter. He doesn't like it but, I already passed the couches and I do not want to go back.

"Who is going to get my Chipotle," he asks and I roll my eyes.

"You're a big boy, get it yourself," I say and he groans. There is a knock on the door and I let David go and get it while, I check my phone.

No messages, I just guess nobody loves me or wonders how I'm doing.

"Hey are you ready to go," Natalie asks as she comes in and totally ignores David.

"No, I need my Chipotle," David says and Natalie rolls her eyes.

"You'll be fine and plus I'm pretty sure we aren't going to take that long. You will have your Chipotle today, okay," she says and he groans.

"Bye David, see you when we get back," I say and grab Natalie's hand and run out of there. I didn't want to hear David complain anymore, he is going to get his Chipotle.

We get into her car and laugh. I don't know why but, we do and proceed to put on our seatbelts.

"So, about yesterday," I begin to explain as we get out of David's driveway.

"I'm sorry I kind of snapped at you. It's just I have no idea what is going on with me, I'm going crazy or something," I say and she shakes her head.

"Hey don't worry about it. It was wrong of me to assume and it was true what you said," she says and I sigh.

"I just wish someone could read me better than I read myself," I say and lean my head against the window.

"Can I take a shot at it," she asks and I give her a look. Natalie and I haven't seen each other in years, am I that easy to read in a matter of two days?

"Go ahead," I say and she smiles.

"Don't kill me for this analogy but, could it be that you are falling for David all over again and you just don't want to admit it," she says and I let out an exaggerated laugh.

"You're crazy," I say crossing my arms and looking away from her and to the cars passing by us.

"You're in denial Bella, he hurt you the first time so you think he is going to do it again. He's not. Come on Bella let your hair down and let him in, stop referring to the past and think of the future," she says and I roll my eyes.

"Even if there was the slightest bit inside of me that liked David, I could never be what he wants. He had Liza, how in the world am I going to compete with that," I say and she sighs.

"Don't compete, be that girl in high school David fell in love with just by saying "hello"," she says and I look at her as if she was crazy. He did not fall in love with me just because I said hello.

"I'm scared though," I say and she smiles.

"Don't be, if you guys were meant to be together it's going to happen," she says and I sigh. Is that a good or bad thing, I ask myself. 

After spending a while in the car, we finally make it to the mall and begin to go shopping.

If I am being completely honest, I have no idea what I am going to get David. I don't know what he likes or doesn't like and does he still even like the things he did back when he was in high school? Ugh, I hate giving presents; I never know what to get.

"Do you know what I should get him," I ask Natalie and she shakes her head.

"Maybe you should just give him you," she says and I roll my eyes. She really needs to get her mind of out the gutter. 

"Gross," is all I say and I look at the Cartier store sign as we pass by. I look down at my finger and twist the Cartier ring I have on myself.

David got it for me when we were in high school, in one of the letters he said to never take it off and somehow this is one of the things I've been attached to from David; I can't get rid of it. Every time I look at the damn ring, I feel happy or mad and somehow that feeling makes me feel better than I previously did.

I'm weird, I understand that but if I can give David what he gives to me; it would be wrong of me not to.

"Wait, I'm going to get something for David from here," I say and begin to walk into the store.

"Bella are you crazy? This store is so expensive," Natalie whispers and I shrug.

"I understand but, just find me the ring size of David's pinky," I say and walk up to the clerk.

"Hello, can I help you with something today," the clerk says with a sincere smile plastered on her face.

"I'd like to buy a ring," I say and the lady nods and begins to show me the options. 

-

A/N

awe bella is such a sweet heart! but, besides that we reached 1K! thanks for putting up with my late updates and crazy cliffhangers i've sometimes left on you guys. also, i'd just like to say if someone hasn't told you today, i love you. can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter! :)

be sure to like and comment :]

see you guys next chapter <3