1

The increased amount of 'Seven Deadly Sins' rumors that were travelling around the kingdom were beginning to aggravate me. First, there was the 'Wandering Rust Knight' story, about the girl who was presumed to be the Goat Sin Of Lust, Gowther, after she was seen entering a traveling tavern called the 'Boar Hat'. I swear, I've had to debunk so many conversations about it that most of my interactions with people these days are arguments regarding the team.

Then, of course, there was the rumor of the captain of the sins, the Dragon Sin Of Wrath, Meliodas, saving the village that produces Bernia Ale, Bernia Village, from the sword of one of the more powerful Holy Knights. Several people said he resembled a small child and looked nothing like his wanted posters. "It was a sight to behold". The stories were so vastly over exaggerated that it's difficult to sipher out the truth. 'I heard he took out four Holy Knights on his own, then took out the sword, which destroyed the village.' 'I heard that he saved the whole village by ripping a Holy Knight's sword form the ground, then he killed all of the village's residents because he didn't want to give away his identity.' 'Well, I heard that he pulled the sword out with two fingers!' 'No way, all he did was beat up the Holy Knights guarding the sword, pull it out, then leave!' 'He wouldn't do something so boring! This is the Seven Deadly Sins we're talking about!'

I mean, come one. Maybe we can get a bit more serious.

There were several rumors of both Diane and Meliodas taking on a high-ranking Holy Knight named Gilthunder in the Forest of White Dreams. There were several stories where the Holy Knight won (which, in my opinion, sounds extremely unlikely), and there were several where the two sins won. The only reason I even remotely believe this story is true is because there are plenty of eye-witness accounts of the Holy Knight coming flying from the Forest and straight into the Kingdom.

Nevertheless, the idea of the sins getting back together after 10 years is highly unlikely. Why now? There's no point in them regrouping at this point, other than to cause some more problems. I don't believe for a second that they were the ones who killed Grandmaster Zaratras, but it's not my place to voice my opinion. I am technically a fugitive as well, so I don't have a right to voice my beliefs.

Either way, I don't buy the 'Seven Deadly Sins' rumors.

My thoughts were cut short by the strong smell of an alcohol and disgustingly terrible flirting. "Heeey pretty lady... what's a- hic- what's a beauty like you doing in a- hic- a place like this?"

I turned from my pint, which I had been staring into with furrowed brows for who-knows-how long. I had been resting in a windowsill in the corner of the most popular tavern in Dalmary Town- The Pig's Headdress. I had been laying low in Dalmary for the past few weeks, as the Holy Knights from the Weird Fangs were hot on my trail- and it would be relatively suspicious for a figure such as myself to skip town as soon as they found out I was here. I was just laying low until their suspicion lowered.

"Pardon me? I couldn't hear you over the alcoholism you smell of," I spat, glancing down at his hands, in which he held a half-empty pint. There was a ring on his left, "And aren't you married? I don't think your wife would be very happy knowing that you were hitting on some random girl in a bar."

His face had turned beet red with rage, and he stumbled closer to me. He grabbed the collar of my cloak and lifted me above ground, so my drink sloshed to the ground and my feet hung above the spilled alcohol.