60

There were mixed reactions between the five of us. Gowther, to all of our complete and utter surprise, just stared at the friggin thing- wow, never would've expected that reaction, *le gasp*. Anyway, now that I'm done expressing my absolute love for him. Meli was glaring between it and Hendrickson, his eyes flickering to the man every so often before returning to the corpse, which was really creepy by the way. I mean, they look weird alive, dead they just look... dead. Shut up, you know what I mean. King was probably the most animated of all of us- his eyes were wide, and a droplet of sweat had formed on the side of his head, and I'm imagine on his hands, since he had notoriously sweaty hands. (OKAY IS IT JUST ME?! Because my hands are always sweaty and I hate it and it's gross and annoying and UGH) Ba- fuck- Jackass stared at the demon, eyebrows furrowed slightly and a small bit of his sharp teeth showing. He was obviously displeased with the sight, as any normal person would be, which surprised me, because he isn't a normal person, he's a complete and total douchebag. I had taken in a gasp upon seeing it, and yes, it was quite surprising, but I had a more urgent question in mind.

What was Hendrickson going to do with it? Because it doesn't sound good.

"This is a Gray Demon... Discovered a few years ago. Isn't it magnificent? He genealogy and biology of demons of all sub-races are still shrouded in mystery, but one thing we can say for certain is that a Gray Demon is a higher form of life than a Red Demon," He reached up, injecting a needle into the corpse and extracting a small amount of blood. He looked up at us as he positioned it near his arm. My eyes widened even further. "I wanted more time to conduct research, but you have left me no choice."

He stuck the needle in his arm, injecting the blood directly into his bloodstream. King shouted, "Wha... what..? What are you doing?! You can't be serious?!"

With just the blood of a Red or Gray Demon within him, he wouldn't pose much of a threat. Sure, it'd be a bit of a challenge either way, more-so with the Gray Demon blood, but we'd be able to defeat him. However, with both, that's more of a threat- a dangerous threat. Two types of Demonic abilities in your system? That's never good- even if they're the two lowest level demons. Their powers will amplify each other- meaning he'll have significantly more power than one or the other, or both combined numerically.

Which means Meli stands less of a chance- he only has a fraction of his powers, which means he's currently only as powerful as I am, probably less- not to mention he's really hurt. Jackass is immortal, sure, and he's killed a Red Demon, sure, but both combined? No way. King and Diane are both injured, and even though they have their Sacred Treasures, they'd both probably be in a bit of trouble. Gowther? Wild card. Mental abilities don't work all too well on demons, but it depends on who and what you're dealing with. Hendrickson will probably be devoid of emotion afterward. And then there's me. I probably could take him on alone- and no, I'm not bragging or anything. I'm not injured, I have my Sacred Treasure, and I'm a way higher level (and much more dangerous) demon than the two demons he took blood from, even if they're amplifying each other. My best chance is to take him out before he transforms.

I turned my focus to him.

He transformed.

Goddamnit, (y/n)! Why must you overthink everything?!

Before I could do anything other than criticize myself, the man next to king (he-who-must-not-be-named, but with a killer bod, an actual nose, and hair) charged at Hendrickson's whose hair had become short again and the demon markings disappeared. What's with all these 'powerful transformations' involving hair changing? I mean geez, this isn't Tokyo Ghoul... Ha, I wish! Author, get on that. (But I already have like ten different stories-) No buts! (Why must I write you like this?) Hendrickson had jumped up, charging his fist down at the man.