90

"Alright, y'all, up and at 'em!" I shouted, smashing an empty liquor battle. "C'mon, we don't have all day, let's go, let's go!"

Jericho awoke with a start, grumbling under her breath as she glared at me. I winked at her as she sat up, stretching out her arms so that a few pops echoed from her body. Elaine blinked a few times, groaning quietly as she sat up, rubbing her eyes. Ban grumbled from next to her and didn't move. Escanor walked into the cave, hurriedly standing next to me. He had been bringing ale barrels to the cart, and I had helped him, because, let's face it, it would have taken a few hours in his normal form to move all of them.

"I have the cart set up. We best get going now... the festival people were very specific about when we should be there..." He said, talking mainly to everyone else in the room. When everybody didn't move, I rolled my eyes.

"Do I gotta carry your asses?" I said loudly, grabbing a couple extra barrels of ale for me and tossing them into the cart. It never hurts to have extra alcohol.

"I'm coming!" Elaine said, yawning as she stood up. She floated lazily over to the cart, but stopped when she was right next to me. I thought she was going to say something, or just like smile, I don't know. Instead, she just stood there, eyes wide as she looked behind me.

Ban and Jericho both stood up as well, and looked toward me. However, their vision was quickly diverted behind me, where Elaine was looking. Escanor had looked behind me as well, exclaiming in shock. I raised an eyebrow, lazily turning on my heel to look behind me. My eyes widened in surprise. Elaine and I spoke at the same time.

"King?"

"Brother?"

I couldn't stop my mind from screaming in jealousy. I know that he's her actual brother, but the fact that she seemed to have just as strong of a bond as I did with him after being dead for a few thousand years made my blood boil. I had spent a long time getting as close as I am with King. It made me so angry that she could just come out of nowhere and be more important than I am.

His eyes were focused on Elaine, his hair disheveled and expression one of exhaustion. He dropped down from his hovering position and slowly started walking toward her. I frowned bitterly, glaring off to the side. He didn't even so much as look at me.

She really is just replacing me, isn't she?

I gave him a few seconds to redeem himself, but when he just stared at her, I decided it would be better if I just walked out of the cave. I really didn't want to have to deal with a sappy reunion. Wow, that sounds terrible. You know what, who cares? She doesn't deserve any unwarranted kindness from me. She has no right to my acceptance. I'm allowed to be mad at her for taking that away from me.

But she's shown nothing but kindness to me.

I groaned loudly, kicking a rock as hard as I could when I got outside. It went flying, soaring through the air at seemingly unachievable speeds. I stared at it as it flew away, tears welling up in my eyes. I whimpered, crouching down and glaring at the floor in frustration. I hate feelings.

I really wasn't having a good time right now. The only reason that King was here was because of Elaine, I knew that as soon as I saw him. Just like it was the only reason Ban was here. I hated that I was stuck on the sidelines of a story that seemed to revolve around her. King and Ban... they play the same roles in her life as they do in mine. Except it's real for her. All King and I are is friends, and Ban and I... I don't even know.

"Miss (y/n)..?" Escanor's voice sounded from behind me.

Great.

"Escy, I'm really not in the mood right now."