CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

As the title suggests, this is a Christmas Special chapter! It's basically just going to be a bunch of fluff, and it has absolutely no effect on the actual story. I just felt like there should be a little more you and Ban since the story is mostly fighting right now. But I promise soon there will be more fluff and romance!

Merry Christmassssss!

————————————————————————

The Sins had all gathered in the Boar Hat. It was Christmas night, and all of us had spent the day doing last-minute shopping and hanging out with each other.

I had spent the majority of the day in the town we were staying in. It was rather small, and on the outskirts of Liones, so I wasn't familiar with it. The people were kind, and it was was really cool for such a small town. Lots of stores, taverns, and restaurants- a perfect place for the annual Eight Deadly Sins Christmas party.

We all sat in the Boar Hat, mingling and enjoying the festivities. Ban and Ellie were making food, while King, Diane, and I were finishing up decorating the tavern. King had found a way to make the effects of the mushroom lasted longer, so she was small enough to enjoy the party inside with us, like she was at the fighting festival. Meli was getting the barrels of alcohol ready, and Hawk was drooling over the food being prepared while devouring any scraps that found their way to the trash or floor.

I was hanging the mistletoe near a window, which had a small indent to sit in. An evil move on my part, since I intended to use it to do my whole 'Christmas Matchmaker' thing. Diane was hanging a wreathe on the door and King was finishing lighting the various candles that we used as Christmas lights.

I stepped off the chair I was standing on, moving it to its place at one of the various tables in the Boar Hat. I leaned against the wall, holding a pint in my hand and absentmindedly holding it at my lips. I wasn't drinking it, just letting the liquid sit at the edge of my tongue. It was something I did when I was nervous- that or fiddling with my clothes or biting my nails.

Why am I nervous, you don't ask?

Because I'm pretty sure my gifts are going to be total let downs this year. I think so every year, and everyone usually likes them, but I'm always horribly nervous up until the moment they open the gifts. So, yeah, total let downs.

Fatal flaw number one, I have zero confidence and self esteem. I also might be kind of a dumbass, but that's beside the point.

I glanced at the tree in the corner of the room, which was decorated with small flames (that I made sure didn't burn the tree) and little trinkets we all found while we were out and about. Our gifts sat on the mat that surrounded the trunk of the tree, the glittery wrapping paper glinting in the light of the flames. The six that I had neatly wrapped and labeled sat further to the back, amongst the various gifts from the other Sins (and Ellie and Hawk, but they're pretty much part of the group, so I'm counting them).

"(Y/N)!" Diane snapped me out of my trance, causing me to jerk my head in her direction. As a result, the liquid in the cup I was clenching between my teeth sloshed, and fell onto my clothes and the floor. "Isn't this great?! I get to spend Christmas inside with you guys!"

"Duh," I grinned, wiping the liquid off my clothes. She was practically bouncing in excitement, her horrendous sweater jumping with her body. It was part of tradition for all of us to wear them. Although, it seemed that Diane, Escanor, and I (as well as occasionally King and Meli) were the only ones who ever participated. "It's the best Christmas present I've gotten in my life."

She giggled, smiling broadly. "I'm so excited! I'm hoping the captain likes my gift!"

"I'm sure he'll love it," I chuckled, glancing over at the blonde, who was groping Ellie as she attempted to help Ban. Hawk was practically biting his leg off in his attempt to stop him.