31

Ban, King, and I had trained for a good two hours. The entirety of it had either been me and Ban duking it out while King attacked us with his Chastiefol or Ban and I attempting to take King out. It had been surprisingly fun, considering all we were doing was fighting each other. Currently, I was standing outside the tavern, humming to myself as I brushed the sand and dirt off my Cloak and boots. It was nice- I often never had a peaceful moment. Especially now that I was with the Sins.

Of course, my luck was short lived, and so was my peace.

As I was putting my left boot back on, a loud shout startled me, causing me to yell and jump slightly.

"HEY! WHO'S THE IDIOT WHO BUILT A TAVERN IN MY TOWN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION?! COME OUT!"

I stood from my sitting position, turning toward the source of the shout, slightly annoyed. My annoyance quickly melted away, however, when I saw eight children standing in a group in front of the tavern, a few feet away from where I was sitting. A few of them held swords or wore paper helmets.

I smiled, hopping down from the patio of the tavern. I approached the small group, crouching down in front of the one who had shouted. He was short and blonde, with bright green eyes, very similar to Meli. He glared at me with confidence.

"Calm down, kid," I chuckled, "I'm right here. Whatcha need? Minors don't get booze."

"Tch, I don't want booze," he glared, then raised his voice to a scream again. "I, THE CAPTAIN OF THE EIGHT DEADLY SINS, PELIODAS, WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU!"

My eyes widened in surprise, then softened. I chuckled, feigning sudden shock as I looked at him. "You?! You're the captain of the Eight Deadly Sins?!"

"Mhm!" He said proudly, "And you have disrespected me by building this tavern here without notifying me!"

"Then you.... you all must be part of the Eight Deadly Sins!" I spoke, gasping as I stared at the group behind him. The children stood up higher, grinning, seeming proud that someone was going along with their game. "Oh, my!"

"Oh, guys!" The boy in front whispered, whirling around. His face shone with excitement and he whisper-shouted to his friends. "We can do our introductions!"

"Oh yeah! Let's do it!" Squealed a green-haired girl in the group, and 'Peliodas' turned and faced me proudly.

"I'm the Dragon Sin of Wrath, Peliodas!" The blonde boy, 'Peliodas,' shouted. He put his right hand on his hip, and pointed at me with his left hand.

"Grizzly Sin of Sloth, Thomas!" A rather chunky boy shouted, grinning widely as he bowed. He had light brown hair and deep hazel eyes, and his skin was somewhat toned.

"Fox Sin of Greed, Katts!" The second tallest boy of the group joined in, slouching over and wiggling his fingers greedily. I had to resist the urge to giggle at the action. He had black hair and bright blue eyes, and his skin was extremely pale.

"Serpent Sin of Envy, Meera!" A girl with light green hair squealed, putting one hand on her head and another on her hip. In the arm on her hip, she held a small baby. She had green eyes, which were slightly darker than her hair, and a skin tone that matched mine. She then gestured to the child in her arm, who was wrapped in a pink blanket, with green hair that matched hers, but bright yellow eyes. "And he's the Boar Sin of Gluttony, Eric!"

The baby cooed loudly, as though trying to join in on the fun at the mention of his name. It was pretty adorable.

"Lion Sin of Pride, Tanto!" Shouted the shortest one in the group, a boy with deep brown hair and purple eyes similar to Diane's. He had gone down on his hands and knees, baring his teeth in a large smile as he mimicked the pose of a crouching lion.