36

We had returned to the Boar Hat rather quickly, King and I being the first to enter, followed by Ban, then Meli and Gowther, who had lingered behind, discussing something I didn't care enough about to eavesdrop. I greeted both Ellie and Diane with a hug, joining them outside and explaining to them what had happened. Of course, the slightly somber mood brought on by Dale's sudden reintroduction and loss was uplifted by the introduction of Gowther to the team.

"Hello everyone. My name is Gowther, the Goat Sin of Lust of the Eight Deadly Sins. I..." his monotonous voice trailed off as his eyes made contact with Hawk. He cocked his head curiously at him, but his stoic expression didn't waver. "Why is there livestock in the bar?"

"Don't change the subject while you're in the middle of introducing yourself!" Hawk huffed, then stomped his foot when he realized exactly what Gowther had said. "Wait... and who are you calling livestock, you pig?!"

"The irony within your statement is perplexing," Gowther commented, still staring down at him. Ellie giggled, approaching the magenta-haired man and bowing respectfully.

"My name is Elizabeth," she smiled sweetly, looking at the Sin, since they were about the same height. She may have been a little bit shorter than him.

"Your body structure, hair color, posture, and gait all suggest that you are the third princess of Liones, Princess Elizabeth. Am I correct?" Gowther asked, and Ellie nodded.

"Please, just refer to me as Elizabeth," she politely requested, "It isn't quite as much of a mouthful. It's nice to meet you, Sir Gowther!"

"No," the Goat Sin responded.

"No?" I snorted, "That's not to nice, Gowthy."

"(Y/N), you seem to have mistaken my na-"

"Gowther," I corrected myself, annoyed that he wouldn't let the whole 'my name is Gowther' thing go and let me call him the stupid nickname.

"It is not nice to meet her, because it would be a lie if I agreed. You've already met the entirety of our group when you were young," Gowther spoke, explaining his sudden use outburst.

"Hm, now that you mention it, there was this tiny brat who was always by the King that kinda looked like you," I sweatdropped at Ban's remark, reaching my open palm upward and swatting him on the back of the head.

"She wasn't a brat!" I retorted.

"Safe for you to say," he smirked, "You only knew her for a year."

I scowled, glaring at him. I crossed my arms, listening to the group tell whether or not they remembered her for a few moments. I sighed, then turned and walked toward the group.

"Huh?" Diane's voice came from behind me, "(Y/N), where are you going?"

"Just to get my spare cloak," I responded casually, stepping onto the patio of the tavern and opening the door. I flashed her a bright smile, "I'll be back out in a sec, okay?"

She nodded brightly, then returned to the conversation at hand. Sighing again, I walked inside, staring angrily at the floor as I stalked up the stairs to mine and Ban's shared bedroom. Despite my foul mood, it felt like a eight lifted off my shoulders not to have to pretend to be completely content with our current situation.

I slammed the door behind me when I entered, ripping my pillows off my bed and throwing them across the room. I face planted onto the mattress, my body bouncing along with the metal springs inside of it.

I just don't get it, why is this bothering me so much?

I frowned into the bed, then flipped onto my back due to the lack of air access I had on my stomach. I stared up at the ceiling.