76

Before we start, it's been recently mentioned that I haven't explained the backstory of (y/n) (cause being mysterious is fun). Obviously, I'm super curious what you guys think her backstory is. For context I'll tell you that she is exactly 3,920 years old and Amelia is her younger sister. She was recruited into the Sins 36 years ago, and the war that happened 3,000 years ago is very important.
Please comment what you think her backstory is! I'm like super curious lol

——

"W-we need to leave," I said shakily, standing up. Merlin put a hand on my shoulder and I smacked it off, stunning to the side as I did so. Why did I hit her? "I-if we get out of Britannia now, we... we, uhm, w-we might live. We c-can make it out, we just need to leave right now."

"(Y/N) what's wrong, you're freaking me out..." Diane said, crouching down. I stumbled forward, clutching my head.

"The-they'll kill all of us if we stay," I hiccuped, tears still falling as I turned around and stumbled toward the Boar Sin. I tugged weakly on Merlin's arm, trying to pull her with me. "P-please, Merlin... please I... I can't le-let you guys d-die by their hands too..."

"(Y/N), please calm down," Merlin said, but I couldn't hear her. My mind raced with horrifying possibilities- their deaths already playing in my head as I tugged on her arm, crying quietly. Meli was still frozen solid.

"Merlin, please you have to get out of here!" I cried, clutching her arm harder. "You all need to get out of here! We can't b-beat them! They'll kill all of us!"

"Diane, may I ask why (y/n) is reacting so drastically to the wave of magical energy?" Gowther said, and Diane glanced at him, then worriedly back to me.

"Who's they?" Diane asked- I could tell that I was really starting to freak her out and worry her, "How do you know? (Y/N), what's wrong, please just tell us!"

"They're going to kill all of you if we don't leave now!" I screamed, my voic eescalting suddenly and explosively as I choked on my quick, short, and hicuppy breaths. Tears poured out of my eyes as I clutched onto Merlin, now holding her sleeve. I no longer pulled on it, I just held it- almost as though it were keeping me alive. If I let go they might get her... "Who cares if they kill me? Please just leave so they don't hurt you! Let me save the people I care about for once..."

My last sentence was more of a desperate murmur than anything, my forehead now pressed against Merlin's bicep as I sobbed. I looked up at her, face scrunched up in pain and eyes full of terror.

They would kill them. They were now the most powerful beings in Britannia- and they could probably take it all over in a matter of days. And we couldn't do anything- absolutely nothing. It didn't matter how fast Merlin could cast spells, how strong Diane was, how manipulative Gowther's powers were, that Meli is was of the most powerful demons to ever exist, that Escanor has ridiculous power, even if its only during the day, how quickly King could attack and using his Chastiefol, and how Ban was immortal...

Oh, god, Ban...

Why did he leave...

I started crying harder as is stared up at Merlin, shaking vigorously as thoughts of everyone dying without me being able to save them filled my head. The tiny pinpricks of Ban leaving- you're not good enough, you're not good enough, you're not good enough- walked across the back of my brain in high heels made of nails.