33

Ban, King, Meli and I now all stood in front of Gowther. The captain had managed to hold off the Holy Knights long enough to allow us to form a protective circle around him. I was on the far right, glaring at the white-haired Holy Knight who I held a particular dislike toward. King stood next to me, Meli on his left, and Ban on the far left. We all stood, but this was no longer the he-who-strikes-first loses game. Gowther, or whoever was in Gowther's armor, had attacked. The Holy Knights seemed pretty confident in their win since he had shown a moment of weakness.

The man charged at me, and I charged back. The other Sins seemed to be engaged in battle as well, but the man before me was taking up my current attention.

"So," I hummed, a small smirk gracing my lips as I looked at the girly Holy Knight. "What do I call you? Got a name?"

"Why should I tell a criminal like you my name?" He growled.

He struck at me with his sword and I dodged out of the way. I lashed my whip forward, grabbing his weapon and yanking it out of his hands. He stared down at them, in shock at how quickly I had disarmed him. He looked at me, his face scrunched up in a glare when he saw me holding his large sword. I tossed it to the side.

"Because, dum-dum," I laughed, "I don't want to have to keep saying 'white-haired guy' or 'guy with the big sword' or 'guy that kinda looks like a girl.'"

"Are you insulting me?" He questioned, his voice low.

"That depends on if your a thin-skinned pussy or not," I smirked, him growling in response. I sighed, a slight frown gracing my features when I didn't hear any words from him. "Man, you guys really don't know how to take a joke... I'd hate to be your drinking buddy."

He huffed, outstretching his hand. The sword came flying back into it, and he got back into a stance. He took a deep breath, then seemed to collect himself. He looked more calm now, it didn't seem like he would lose his composure. I lashed my whip, a loud crack sounding. He glanced at my weapon, then back up at me.

"Stance Sword: Ring."

He swung his sword upward, a large wind whirling toward me following the attack. I'm guessing the wind is the intended attack of his ability, and it was an interesting move, I won't lie. My eyes widened in feign surprise, watching them grow closer. I pulled my weapon above my head, whirling the leather rope around in a circle, then slashing it through the wind attack. It dissipated immediately. His eyes widened in actual surprise, seeing me unharmed.

"That's a great move," I smiled, "If you do get some time to work on it, I recommend focusing on the speed. It's too slow, I saw it immediately and was able to counterattack with time to spare."

"I don't need advice from someone of your stature," he hissed, "I know very well how to use my abilities and how effective they are."

"Clearly you don't. That could be really powerful if you build it up right."

"Shut up!" He growled, charged sword first in my direction. I swayed out of the way, and he whirled around to strike again. I blocked it with my whip, then maneuvered so that the leather rope wrapped around the blade three or four times. I then yanked it forward, since my back was facing him.

Surprisingly, I did not pull just the blade. It seemed he wanted to keep his weapon on him at all costs. He and his weapon went surging forward, and his entirely armored body crashed into the ground with a loud clang.

"Ugh... I don't have time for this..!" He growled, standing up. He jumped, but not toward me. He hurled away, heading straight toward Gowther. "Jillian! First wave!"