46

"So, I heard you and Ban had some fun while we were out."

My entire body tensed, my cheeks flaring and eyes widening in embarrassment. I clutched the handle of my pint, letting the alcohol rest at my lips, but not drinking it. I averted my eyes from the blonde pervert who had spoken, internally screeching so loud, I would probably have broken a few eardrums if I had actually sounded the internal distress.

"Goddamnit," I mumbled into the cup, setting it down and laying my arms on the counter, burying my face in them. "Can we please talk about something else?"

"Y'know, I'm just happy you and Ban finally got some action," he hummed, ignoring my statement entirely, causing me to groan into the counter. His voice was teasing, and I was fully aware that he meant no harm with his words. That doesn't mean it didn't embarrass me beyond belief, though. "You deserve it."

"Yeah, if King hadn't walked in, we would've actually gotten somewhere," I heard Ban from next to me, feeling his smirk. I raised my head from my arms, face brighter than the flames I produced as I stared at the man.

"Why would you say that?" I asked, whining in complete and utter humiliation. I noticed that King's face was flushed almost as bad as mine was.

"Cause it's true," he smirked, moving behind me to wrap his arms around my waist and rest his chin on my shoulder. He pulled me closer to him so that I was now sitting in his lap; I felt his mouth move closer to my ear, and his voice was nearly a whisper, but much kinder than it had been before. "And because I like to show you off..."

"Oh god, kill me..." I whispered to myself, covering my beet-red face with my hands. My skin was hot to the touch, probably redder than the hottest fire.

"Oh, what kind of dirty things did he whisper to you~" Meli asked suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows at Ban and I.

"Just telling her about all the ways we can try and kill you," The Fox Sin stated casually, chugging my half-full pint then throwing it full-force at Meli. The Dragon Sin caught it, but the sheer force of the throw caused the wood to splinter apart in his hands. He sighed, shaking his head.

"Man, why'd you do that Ban? Now Elizabeth has to clean this up," he frowned. I looked over at the aforementioned princess, who sighed good-naturedly with a smile on her face. I huffed.

"Why don't you clean it, you pint-sized pervert?!" I demanded, growling in his direction.

"You're looking a little red in the cheeks there, (y/n). Maybe you and Ban should head upstairs and cool off~" he purred, a smug look on his face. My face burned brighter as I averted my gaze. Ban absentmindedly ran his fingers over my thighs, chin resting atop my cranium. His fingertips were slightly calloused, but still felt nice against the soft, exposed skin of my leg.

"Can we please not mention that?" King and I cried simultaneously, both having burning blushes on our faces.

"I can't deal with the embarrassment," I mumbled, while King states his own reason:

"I don't want to have to relive it..."

"Okaaaay!" Meli cheered, his voice sing-songy and joyful. His voice raised quite a bit in volume as he shouted, "HAWK MAMA! TAKE US TO OUR NEXT PLACE!"

The entire Boar Hat shook as Hawk's mom came rumbling out of the ground. She took a moment to stretch her legs, huffing as she took a large inhale of the fresh air. She slowly began trudging forward, picking up the pace until she reached her usual quick, but steady, pace.

"Aw, man," I heard Diane whine from outside, "Now I have to walk..."

"If I may ask, Captain," Gowther spoke, addressing Meli, who had begun picking up the broken pint after I insisted he give Ellie a break. "Where is our next destination? It seems that you have not trusted any of us with that information."