12

"Heeey~" Ban pouted, turning to face the sin standing on the spear that had pierced his chest. "What's the big idea?"

"Isn't it obvious?" King replied, staring down at Ban with his head cocked to the side. "I came to help."

"Oh, of course." Ban coughed, blood spurting form his mouth. "Well, thank you."

"It's not for you," King frowned, turning toward me, Meli, and Diane. "It's for the captain, Diane, and (y/n)."

I smiled, heavily plopping myself down. I leaned up against Diane's thigh, making myself comfortable. "Thanks, King!" I called, waving at him. He gave a small smile, nodding at me.

"Whaaaaat?" Ban asked, frowning. "You're leaving me out?"

"Well, that and..." his eyes flickered into the distance, staring at something unknown. "Elaine's feelings for you."

Elaine..? Where have I heard that name before? Oh, right. Isn't that what Ban accidentally called that girl from the village? The girl who looked like the one he was chasing earlier....

• Flashback •

"Thaaaaaanks Elaine~" He placed his hand on her head, ruffling her hair. "That information was more than enough to pay for your meal."

"Uhm..." The girl said awkwardly, "My name is Ellen..."

"Oh, sorry, Ellen." He chuckled, letting go of her head. She smiled and nodded happily.

"Of course, mister!"

• End •

Yeah, he specifically called her Elaine- and she hadn't even told us her name before that point.

I shook my head, dismissing the quizzical thoughts as I zoned back into the battle at hand. Guila had cleared her throat, addressing King.

"Your betrayal was to be expected, but... It's really too bad, Grizzly Sin of Sloth, King."

"What you're saying is unexpected," King countered, leaning to the side so that he was suspended mid-air. "I didn't have any intentions of siding with you from the start. It just so happened that the kingdom's goal of defeating the sins coincided with my goal, at the moment, of deafeating Ban."

"I don't really care about any of this," Ban said, looking back at the sin who was standing on the weapon sticking out of his chest. "But could you stop literally talking behind my back~?"

"But things have changed," King continued, ignoring Ban entirely. "Would you mind relating that message to your boss... Gilthunder, was it?"

"That little boy? My boss? Please, save the jokes for sleep-talking," Guila scoffed, tracing her rapier in a figure eight. Several small balls of energy appeared in its wake, and she pushed her rapier forward, inducing the attack. "Shot Bomb!"

"Taking care of those will be a handful," Meli frowned, drawing his blade. King sniffed, flicking his fore and middle fingers forward. The spear shot out from Ban's abdomen, causing him to cough up another considerable amount of blood.

His spear shot forward, and in a flash, all of the bombs exploded. I smiled; King really is a powerful guy. His spear twirled in a large circle, clearing the smoke away quickly. Ahem- not as powerful as me, of course! (Please believe me, I'm really strong I don't know why I'm losing so easily ;~;)

"Impressive!" Exclaimed Guila, "So that's the legendary power of your Spirit Spear, Chastiefol. I'm unsure if it is true, but it's said that the spear is a holy weapon crafted from the wood of the sacred tree located in the fairy realm. I've heard that it's power is stronger than that of steel, and it has the mysterious quialities if the sacred tree itself- and your power is one that draws out those qualities. One of the lesser-known powers of the sins, Disaster." Guila smiled, holding her rapier up. "Very well, I should enjoy this. Please, come at me, five-to-one."

"Oh, there's no need for that," King said, standing on his spear once more. "This will be a one-on-one battle; my comrades are free to sit back and watch if they wish."

"Wooo! Go King! You go this!" I whooped, smiling broadly. Both Ban and Meli raised an eyebrow at me, seeing that I was already prepared for the upcoming fight. King had his sacred treasure, the only one out of the five of us who did (at the moment, since I stupidly left mine in the tavern). He especially is significantly more powerful with his spear, so I have no doubt he'll be able to defeat her with relative ease.

"Are you serious?" Guila asked, cocking her head to the side in confusion as she watched Ban and Meli sit down next to me.

"We're counting on you King!" Meli called.

"If you lose, I'll kill you~" Ban added, earning a small chuckle and an eye-roll from me.

"You want to take me on when four Sins were barely able to keep up?" Guila clarified, staring at King.

"How my comrades did in their battle against you doesn't concern me," King said, moving his spear so that it was in front of him, pointing at the knight. "Let's just get this over with."

"Very well, then," Guila smiled, raising her rapier and pointing it at King as he had done with his spear. "Come at me, I'm ready when you are."

Her hair flew up, making a circle around where his spear had flown at her. There was a slash made in her cheek, a rather deep one. Her hand raised to her cheek and she muttered something to herself.

"It might be a good idea to attempt to dodge," King said boredly, flicking his fingers so that his spear slammed down at her. She barely jumped back in time, dodging the powerful strike.

The spear continued to fly at Guila from several directions, making sure that she didn't have any time to attack. She could barely keep up with blocking each attack, being forced backward with each strike from the holy weapon.

She was quickly cornered, being forced to jump off of crystals to dodge the attacks. Blocking had become nearly impossible with the speed King's spear exhibited. I hummed to myself, watching her jump from side to side, and occasionally the loud metallic clang of weapons colliding would echo as she blocked or her weapon skimmed against his.

When Guila finally landed on top of a particularly large crystal, she caused an explosion that made King's spear fly back toward him. He stopped it just before it made contact with his chest, making it hover so that the blade pointed toward the floor. She held her rapier up, a large ball of energy forming at its tip. It steadily grew larger, almost to the point where it was three times her height in diameter.

"BRILLIANT-!" She started, smiling as she stared down at King. "-DETONATION!"

King stared calmly at the large ball of energy, but I could feel my teammates becoming increasingly worried with the situation. I turned toward them, smiling. "Geez, guys. You need to have more faith in King."

They looked from me to King to the large explosive, still looking apprehensive. They didn't intervene, but they seemed like they were ready to if the situation desperately called for it. I smiled, watching as Guila threw the large explosive in King's direction. Several small bombs issued from the large one, charging at the sin from all directions.

"Spirit Spear Chastiefol, Form Five." King said, then snapped his fingers. His single spear turned into, what looked to be, thousands of small throwing knives. "Increase."

The immense amount of knives soared through the air, each one penetrating a small bomb before it could come close to reaching King. There was a layer of explosions and smoke above us, hovering where they exploded. I could only faintly make out the knives charging toward, and making contact with, Guila and the pillar of crystal she was standing upon.

King is dangerous when he wants be- and it is truly amazing to see.