35

'Not an ordinary enemy'? Please, we've fought way worse than this. I remember that one time we had to fight off an entire hoard of angry necromancy freakazoids, who were pissed at Merlin for stealing one of their books, or something. They kept raising the dead to fight for them- it was a pain in the ass. But I mean, we are the Eight Deadly Sins. There isn't exactly anything we've come across that we couldn't defeat with relative ease... if we were actually trying. A Holy Knight with a little demon juice mixed in- who cares?

"You think we can talk it out of attacking us?" I joked, "Maybe we can have some tea or some shit and discuss our feelings~"

"Doesn't seem like it can be reasoned with," Meli snickered, "But good suggestion."

"Let's just kill it and get this over with," Ban purred, getting prepared to attack. I eyed my whip from across the field, where it lay, discarded, from when I was unexpectedly attacked by Slader. Meli pulled out his sword hilt and King readied his Chastiefol.

"Please hold it off in your own for a little bit," Gowther spoke from behind us, causing the boys to make 'eh?' faces and me to raise an eyebrow at him. "I must momentarily deal with a separate situation."

The monster roared as Gowther bounced off, heading speedily in the direction of the small town near the forest we were in. I looked over at my teammates, a stupid grin on my face.

"Hey, you guys handle this," I smiled, then put on a mocking Gowther voice, forming small glasses made of fire on my nose. "I must momentarily deal with a sep-"

"Shut the hell up," Ban growled, not sparing a glance in my direction as he glared at the monster.

It roared, just as I was about to make a bitchy remark. This asshole really is just ruining everything, isn't it?

I sighed, walking over to my whip, which lay discarded on the floor, as Meli and Ban charged at the monster, throwing full-force punched at of its four, monstrously obese heads. I crouched down, picking up my sacred treasure by the handle.

"I don't understand..." I muttered, furrowing my eyebrows as I stared at the leather foolishly. Any passerby would think I was some nut job who thought their weapon could talk. Half of that assumption would probably be true- which half, I'm not exactly sure. It changes every now and again.

Just yesterday Ban had woken me up in the middle of the night to help me out. He told me to sleep in his bed for Christ's sake.... then there was that dream about Christmas, and him just seeming to not hate my presence in general.

Then, I wake up the next day to find him and King in a death match- and all of the sudden he hates me with a burning passion again! Like, what??? And guys say girls are confusing... Stop giving me all these mixed signals and just reject me already, asshole!

"(Y/N)! Look out!"

King's voice came from behind me, and I vaguely heard the monster roar. I stuck my arm up behind me, blocking the hit from the beast with my forearm easily. A crater formed under my person from the pressure, and I vaguely thought of how annoying the dirt would be to clean from the top of my knee-boots. I sighed, standing up and turning around, still in an arm vs. arm death match with the monster.

"Do you understand, Mr. Demon-Holy-Knight?" I asked, flicking his arm away so it snapped upward. I jumped slightly, kicking so that the sole of my foot hit its chest. "Cause I sure don't...."

I approached it, the beast having stumbled back from the force of my extremely tamed-down kick. I extended my hand out toward him, and his entire body burst into flames. It let out a deafening screech.