40

TRIGGER WARNING
SUGGESTIVE CONTENT- ATTEMPTED SEXUAL ASSAULT AND R@PE
I apologize to everyone who was affected by me not putting this when I first wrote the chapter. It is unacceptable that I didn't think to do so- so you all have my sincerest apologies.
Thank you @Skaulitz483 for bringing it to my attention.

I awoke groggily, my vision entirely impaired, making it so that all I saw was darkness, even if my eyes were open. Every once in a while, a blurb of yellow light would trickle its way through, but would quickly disappear after I blinked a few times. Every part of my body felt heavy and out of place- like my legs were my arms, and vice-versa, and my stomach was where my heart was supposed to be. I felt like I was going to puke, and I could feel and hear my heart thundering in my ears, overpowering the annoying ringing that plagued all background noise. It was hard to differentiate all the noise.

Now, I was fine with all of that. I would've assumed I was blacked out drunk if it was for one thing.

I was cold.

I know, stupid reason, right? Wrong, bitch.

I never got cold. Not only am I a demon, but I have fire powers. My body has an irregularly high average temperature as-is, so I don't ever feel cold. But I was freezing (which means I was cold, if you hadn't guessed). I could vaguely feel my form shaking, my entire body racking back and forth with such ferocity I thought I might be having a seizure. Which might also be the reason why I'm suddenly a major bitch. But who knows? That might be normal.

Very, very slowly everything began to come back. After a few agonizingly slow minutes, I could see a bit better, but everything was still a bit muddied, and colors blended together into one large blob. I couldn't make out any detail, much less tell where in the hell I was. I began to regain my feeling, too. It started at my fingers and toes, and I flexed and curled them repeatedly, hoping to get the blood flowing to the rest of my body. It worked, and I eventually was back to normal for the most part.

That is, if you count only being able to move my hands and feet and being able to talk very limitedly as normal.

My vision was pretty clear after a few moments, and I took in my surroundings. It seemed like I was in some sort of abandoned building- the wood of the home was rotting, and there were holes in the walls, floor, and roof. There were only a few candles lighting the room, and moonlight shining through the broken glass windows.

Moonlight...? 

I groaned as I lifted my head, it feeling like someone stabbed me as soon as I moved. It gave me a better chance to look around, and a satisfying crack came from my neck as I did so. Granted, it hurt like hell with the now stabbing headache I had, but after around twenty seconds of mentally cursing myself out for being a, and I quote, "cock-sucking motherfucking dumbass", because that is what one does in this sort of situation, it felt pretty good to be as loose as I was around my neck.

I am 100% normal, I assure you.

I glanced around the room after my mildly amusing episode of self-deprivation, finding that there was a cork-board with several wanted posters on it. The posters of my comrades were on the top of the various criminals, stacked in what I assumed to be order of importance. It also helped that they were circled in various different colors.

On the bottom were Gowther, Diane, and King, who were all circled in blue. The Goat Sin was on the left, the Serpent Sin on the right, and the Grizzly Sin in the center. Above them were Escanor, Merlin, and Meli, which vaguely surprised me, because Meli was often regarded the highest out of our group- for good reason, of course. They were arranged in that order, and I scrunched up my face when I noticed the two on top, which were circled in red, contrasting the ones below them, which had yellow outlines.