7

The next morning consisted of small headaches and seemingly unending planning. Ban, Meli, and I were hovering over a map of Britannia while Hawk ate scraps and Ellie and Diane sat outside, chatting. We were discussing where to head next.

"There's no way we can head further into the kingdom," Meli started, "The Holy Knights are probably going to be on high alert after we leveled of Baste and I pulled out that Knight's sword in Bernia Village."

I rested on the small sitting area that connected to the window nearest to where they examining the map, tossing one of my books (that wasn't drenched in ale after the fight) up and down in my hand. I had begun rereading it, but was interupted by the demand to help discuss our next destination.

"I say we head to a smaller village," I suggested, looking at the map. "Someplace like Ordan or Byron Town. They're more tight-knit, a good place to get more intel. That and it's harder to attract attention."

"But we've already attracted so much attention~" Ban hummed, his eyes gazing over the map. "Why don't we get a little more?"

We heard the loud snorts of the large pig we were riding on, Hawk's Mom, causing us to loose concentration and abandon the conversation. We all stared out the window I was sitting in front of, watching for any signs of a disturbance. When there wasn't any, Ban decided to speak up.

"So~ where're we going Captain?"

"Oh, that's easy! Our next destination will be-"

He was cut off by a loud, demanding yell. "Stop right there! We are the Holy Knights of the kingdom- you must answer our questions!"

I raised an eyebrow, opening the window so that I could climb out. I did so, kicking the panes of the window closed behind me. Ellie was sitting on the edge of the Boar Hat's small, circular outer patio. I waved lightly at her before climbing down the top of Hawk's Mom's head. I rested on the edge of her nose, staring down at the Knights. I definitely didn't sense the magical energy of a Holy Knight coming from either of them. Maybe they're low-level apprentices...? Yeah, probably.

"From the knowledge we've received from our higher ups," one of the apprentices began. He was taller, which much longer, ginger hair. The other was rather chunky, and had black hair styled in a bull cut. "We know that Diane, the Serpent Sin of the Eight Deadly Sins, is from the giant clan. There have also been reports of her traveling with a larger pig with a house on its back. This looks rather... suspicious."

If need be, I could probably take them out rather easily- any one of us could. I was rather close to the two of them at the moment, so it wouldn't be difficult for me to step in at any point in time.... I should probably wait to see how it pans out, though.

I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I glanced behind me, seeing the captain standing behind me. "Hey Meli. You gonna step in?" I asked, peering over the edge of Hawk's Mom's snout. He nodded, the motioned me to move out of the way. I frowned, but still stood and backed away. He leaned over the edge, waving to the Knights.

"Hi there, security guys!" He said cheerily, and Ellie ran up next to me. We were just behind him.

"What is Lord Meliodas doing?" She asked quietly, looking at him worriedly. I shrugged, truthfully unsure of what his plan was.

"I'm the owner of this traveling bar, the 'Boar Hat'!" He continued, shouting down at them. "What can I do for you?"

"A child owning a traveling tavern?" The stockier one muttered, looking up at Meli with a raised eyebrow.

The other, taller knight shouted back; "What are you doing with this girl from the giant clan?"

"She's my attractive sales girl!" He grinned before tugging me and Ellie forward. He wrapped his right arm around her neck and his left around my waist. My eyebrow twitched as I growled quietly. "And these two are my sexy waitresses!"