52

"Yo!"

"Captain!!" Diane screeched, conical tears spilling down her cheeks, "You're a complete mess!!"

"So tingly..." mumbled Gowther, shuddering at the aftereffects of the lightning shockwave.

"Meliodas, what the hell did you do?!" Hawk huffed.

"Oh, Gilthunder and Princess Margaret are here?" King asked.

"Wassup guys!" Meli laughed, approaching the group. I smiled, walking forward with Hauser and Guila to join the rest of the group. The captain looked over at me and his eyes widened, a look of surprise on his face. I threw a smile in his direction, winking as I gave him a cheeky thumbs up. He chuckled, grinning and returning the gesture. "You all look great!"

"Bullshit coming from you," I laughed, "You look like a model."

"Don't flatter me, (y/n)~" he purred, his voice raising slightly in pitch as he imitated a basic-bitch voice. I laughed, grinning widely.

"What's going on?" King asked, looking at the Holy Knight and Princess. "Wasn't Gilthunder a bad guy?"

"Yeah, you just destroyed us before going on to fight him," Hauser huffed, looking at his friend as he pointed at Meliodas. The Holy Knight opened his mouth to speak, but Meli cut him off.

"Don't worry, I'll explain on the way!" He grinned approaching us. He stopped next to me, nodding as if to say It's good to have you back and grinning widely. I nodded back, hoping to communicate Its good to be back. He faced everyone with a grin once again. "For now, we need to rescue Elizabeth!"

"I believe that should be our priority, yes," Guila agreed, "Sir Hendrickson had her moved to the King's Quarters, so we should head there."

"I still don't get why you knew this before I did," grumbled Hauser.

We all began running toward the castle, keeping a pace that both Margaret and Diane were comfortable with- which meant that the rest of us were pretty much moving at a slow jog. During our trek, Meli explained everything. How King Arthur from Camelot came and helped him battle against Hendrickson, and how he knew Gil was being monitored since they found Diane. He told us about the charm, and how he figured out it Margaret was the other half of the spell during the battle. It was only an assumption, until Gil confirmed it, that Vivian- the hand-mask lady- was behind the spell-casting. It surprised most of us- she was no Merlin, but she was quite the wizard.

"But what about whatever was watching you?" King asked, directing the question at Gil.

"It probably ran away," he replied, "Now that they've been found out, keeping me under surveillance is pointless."

"Geez, I'm the worst friend," mumbled Hauser, "I didn't even notice how much you were suffering- and I couldn't even stop it!"

"You're not at fault," Gil smiled, "The problem has been solved, so there's no need to dwell on it!"

"Well! Say whatever you want, but it's all thanks to Sir Meliodas, who heroically put his life on the line, that this whole thing has been resolved!" A new voice chimed in, making everyone stop and turn to face his origin. A man, probably in his teens to early twenties, had come up behind Meli, and was hugging him over his shoulders. He had bronze armor, similar to his amber hair, which highlighted his violet eyes. He wore a white scarf around his neck, and had a cheeky grin.

He's cute.

(OKAY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS A TOTAL FUCKING SLUT FOR ARTHUR?! Like he is the cutest fucking kid I have ever seen and he's my dad and I love him. I stan him, he's literally the cutest lil pure bean. Okay thanks for coming to my Ted Talk-)