85

"Get up!" Jericho hissed, pulling your arm. You stayed on the floor, no way in hell were you moving. "These guys are dangerous- their auras are off the charts! We need to help."

"N-no... no you don't understand..." your voice was strained, choked raw from the crying and the guilt that had now encompassed your being. "If I go up there, we lose out only chance... I can't risk myself for Ban..." your voice broke, "H-he's gonna make it out though... He's powerful, s-so as long as they don't touch him, h-he'll be fine!"

"Bitch, are you insane?!" She demanded, huffing when you went silent.

Jericho looked around her. It was just a dark abyss, with some weird, purple light around the two of you. She could hear Ban talking to the 'Commandments', or whatever, from where she was standing, but she couldn't see them.

She looked over at you, hunched over on the ground, eerily silent. You were just staring at the floor, which barely differentiated from the rest of the terrain. She groaned, putting her hands on her hips and huffing.

Is her only personality trait depression? I mean Jesus... she thought.

"I'll fucking kill you," said a muffled Ban.

"Yeah, yeah, we've heard that before you insufferable prick," Jericho grumbled, this time out loud.

"A mere human??" Said the male voice she didn't recognize, "Kill the one of the Ten Commandments? Ha!"

"Demons are entitled as fuck," Jericho mumbled to herself, looking around and squinting for a way out of this hellish dimension you had brought her into.

She wandered for a bit, starting off in one direction, only to find herself back to you once again. She heard the interchanging dialogue between the two Commandments, and then Ban, once again. Nothing interesting- it was the same old good guy-bad guy anime talking during battles.

"Hmm so that wound in your face is from the cap'n, huh?" Ban's voice, though muffled, rang with his usual snark. "And traitor to the demon clan, huh... I owe the cap an apology."

"How can a human like you be alive after such a blow?!?" The man demanded, and Jericho make mocking talking motions with her hand. She even predicted Ban's next words, mouthing them along with him in a comical way.

"You can't kill me~" he purred, "I'm Undead Ban."

"Yeah, yeah, you jackass," Jericho grumbled, pulling out her sword. She swung in a few times, then stabbed it toward the floor to see if they were in some sort of penetrable containment. The sword flattered to the floor. She picked it up and huffed.

"Hm... Meliodas has some good taste. Are the Seven Deadly Sins full of characters like you?" The man asked, the swooshing of attacks echoing vaguely through the muffle.

"Eight Deadly Sins." Ban snapped back. "And yeah, we're full of characters who kill bastards like you!"

Followed by more swooshing.

"Oh, wow, he actually acknowledged you," Jericho quipped, looking at you, hoping for some sort of reaction. You just stayed in that same weird position. She crossed her arms, plopping down next to you in irritation. "Geez, nobody appreciated my jokes. This is why I'm an under-appreciated side character- nobody listens to me!"

Jericho lay down on the floor next to you. You were grasping onto your biceps so hard, her gaze flickered to your face in concern. It didn't sound like you were breathing.

"Uhhh, I mean, maybe we should go help them... or at least, I should," Jericho said. No response from you. Those demon markings on your body started acting up again.

Outside, the loud bangs and conversations between the two men went on. The Commandment had offered Ban a free hit as an apology for calling him a 'vermin'. Ban quickly used his power and attacked with his full strength, bolstered by Hunter Fest and the strength he took from the demon.

"Okay, then, that's a hard no," She sighed, "You know... you're such a weirdo. Like I don't understand you at all. One minute you're all cool, calm, quippy, and normal- but then something happens and all of the sudden you just shut down. It's like everything just turns off. That's not normal, no?"

"Can't.... contr'l...." You wheezed, gasping out for air before going silent again. The markings started to go wild.

"Wait, what?" Jericho asked blankly. "That does not sound like good news."

"Need... to wait...." you wheezed our again, "Can't... hurt... you...."

"Okay, uhm, that's nice," She chuckled uncomfortably, before standing and looking around. "Maybe if you let me out of here? Or is that what your waiting for? Is something supposed to happen?"

You stayed silent.

"Oh, come on!" She groaned, throwing her hands down in frustration. "You can't freak me out like this then go AFK!!"

Outside the female Commandment spoke shrewdly, analyzing Ban's ability. She read out the limits of his Hunter Fest, and his provocative words toward her lead Jericho to believe he was attacking. But it just went silent. All of the sudden, no more fighting sounds, no more talking. Just silence.

"Ban...?" Jericho asked quietly at the silence. It continued for a minute or two before she started to get antsy. "Ban? Ban!"

The silence stretched out longer, and Jericho started yelling. "Ban?!?! Ban!! What's going on!?! Are you okay!! BAN!"

You suddenly gasped for air, letting out a guttural howl of pain. You panted heavily, staring at the floor as sweat and saliva dripped. Your entire body screamed at you to give in. Being a demon was no easy task- especially one where you're constantly rejecting the evil that is your power.

An evil that was now overwhelming your will at the sense of danger around you.

Hold out.... you begged yourself, but the sudden movement of Ban's soul didn't help you sturdy your resolve. Just until Jericho can save them....

"Fuck shit bitch ass aGH!" Jericho growled, running over to you and giving up on your yelling. She rushed to your side, where there was a pool of sweat, spit, and tears below your head. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Ban please..." you gasped out, tears called faster. Your eyes flickered from (e/c) to the deep demonic purple you so desperately tried to keep away. "...d-don't die..."

"Die...?" Jericho asked quietly, then realized the sheer magnitude of the words. "Die?! Lemme out of here right fucking now!"

No, fuck, not yet! You gasped in breath, but your ability to keep her hidden was finishing quick. Ban, kill them! Anything- just slow them down!

He breathed in new life above, the soul of his father saving his life once again. He charged toward the Commandments and slashed out two hearts each, then dove for Elaine.

Jericho was suddenly transported above ground, and you breathed out steadily, your sweat and tears stopping instantly and your entire body seemed to calm. Ban charged away from the Commandments with Elaine and Jericho in his arms. The male lashed out with strikes at them, but his power was still depleted from Hunter Fest. They had got away- for a short time, at least.

"Jericho, it's your time to shine, my dear," you smiled, standing up and wiping your forehead, mouth, and cheeks in one swipe.

"Then I'll take over after your solo~"