79

"Meeeeerrrrrrrllllllliiiiiiinnnnnn~"

Your voice rang out happily as you hopped into her 'wizard-ing hut,' as you had aptly named it. Meliodas, Diane, and, obviously, Merlin all turned to look in your direction. Three eyebrows were raised, one belonging to the Gluttonous Sin, the other two belonging to your- now small- giantess friend. Meliodas chuckled to himself.

"Woah, what happened in here?" You asked, looking at all of the magical items, spilled potions, and open books that lay strewn across the floor. It seemed as though a whirlwind had appeared in the room, then left without a trace.

"Merlin got excited," Meliodas said, without any context and a wide grin. Upon seeing your surprised expression, the woman scoffed, rolling her eyes. With a wave of her hand, the witch reorganized and cleaned everything on the floor as if nothing had happened. The items all returned to their designated places, and it seemed almost cleaner than it usually was.

"That's one way to word it..." she huffed to herself, then turned back to you. "Shouldn't you be resting? You were quite worked up earlier."

"Nope! I'm all good now!" You beamed, earning doubtful glances from both of the girls. You rolled your eyes and smiled, much more genuinely and reassuring, "Seriously. I'm good. I was taken by surprise, but I'm back to myself again."

After a few moments of silence, where both the women were staring at her with piercing daggers, Diane let out comical tears, running toward you with her arms open wide. Your eyes got wider, but before you could dodge out of the way, she engulfed you in her arms, lifting you off the ground and cracking a few of your ribs.

"You're so stronggggggg," she cried, squeezing tighter. You coughed lightly, blood spurting out and over the brunette. "I love you (y/nnnnnnnn), never leave meeeeeeeee!"

"Yeah, yeah," you wheezed, but Diane hardly noticed it. She was immensely proud and ridiculously impressed at how fast you could pick yourself up. Just- what- maybe forty minutes ago, you were crying your eyes out and trying to be strong as you went through your heart wrenching past. Her best friend truly was the best. Keep in mind, Diane has a tendency to... blow certain things out of proportion. "Can you lemme go now? I'm dyin' over here..."

"Oh, yeah! Sorry..." she exclaimed, letting you go and backing away sheepishly. A demon marking appeared around your eye, the small swirl, which latched onto your eyebrow, landing in a star-like symbol at the corner of your eye. It almost seemed part of your skin, latching onto where your broken bones were and healing them, small cracks echoing from your form.

Everyone watched intently as you healed yourself, but they could find no traces of discomfort- no chink in your revived armor or positivity. You sighed when all your bones cracked back into place, the uncomfortable (and ever-so-slightly painful) sensation of shattered and misplaced bones now gone. It was strange- to all of them: how you could go from so sad to your normal, carefree, positive self in a matter of a couple hours.

"So, anyway," you began, looking over to Merlin. "I need a quick fa-"

"Before you do that!" Meliodas piped up, interrupting you. "You and I need to talk."

You raised an eyebrow at the short man, Merlin mimicking your gaze. Diane looked curiously over at the man. He grinned cheekily.

"Aww, cmon guys, it's only weird if you make it weird!"

He walked towards you, pulling you alongside him as he made his way out of Merlin's magical storehouse. The woman eyed the door as the two of you exited, knowing that the Captain was going to be asking the questions they so desperately wanted the answers to- namely the ones concerning your mental state and it's drastic changes.