100-END

That next day... it was terrible. It began with a sleepless night on everyone's part. We all stayed up, helping the Holy Knights pick up all of those who had died. We walked through the city streets, picking up bodies all night and bringing them to a huge grass field. While we brought in the deceased, a few Knights with nature-based abilities dug out graves and helped lay them into bed of flowers. 

We were all tired, working all night heaving bodies. Heavy loads were put on us emotionally and physically, and we only finished when the sun was out and shining. We all took a moment before gathering everyone in a kingdom. I lit small fireballs all around the grave site, giving it the ambiance of magic that it needed, making it less depressing it more like an honoring of their memory. 

It was terrible to watch all those people. Most didn't have any formal clothes to change into because their homes and belongings were destroyed. There were people in armor and underclothes, some in formal wear, and others in everyday wear. It was a funeral far below what the fallen deserved. But, it was all we could provide. 

We all gathered, and there were tears and breakdowns left and right. It hurt to watch everyone and their mourning. I had to step away for a moment, because it was starting to get to me. Once I composed myself I returned, comforting anyone I could. I had more tears stain my shirt today than I had in a long time. Not even I could cry so many tears. The mourning of a thousand Britannians stained the grass of that site today, and no amount of landscaping or honoring could get rid of that.

The anguish in that kingdom... it was infectious. I didn't know any of the Knights who had passed, or any of the people. I found myself mourning just as much as a mother would for each of them. Seeing so many people mourning, crying their hearts out and screaming in hope it would provide some release... I felt their pain far more than I would have liked to.

It was a long day. Far, far too long for my liking. It was a hard day to go through, and everyone found themselves looking for a way to distract themselves. Few buildings were left in full, many of them had holes or some sort of damage. There was a large bar on the end of the kingdom, and the group had decided to go their and offer toasts to the fallen. Then, they would sleep in any of the nearby hotels or houses. 

There were some people who didn't go, deciding to turn in for the afternoon or take some time to themselves. Those who had lost important people divided strongly either way. Some just disappeared, while other drank as much as they could without getting alcohol poisoning. 

I was among the group who had decided against staying in the bar, and I made my way to the nearby hotel. Ban, of course, had decided to come with me. 

We made our way up to a room, and I sighed when we entered, flopping down on the bed and groaning. 

"I wish I was still in a coma," I grumbled into the sheets. I felt him sit down on the bed next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, I know the feeling..." He sighed, tapping his fingers on my back. I sighed, flipping over onto my back. I sat up, deciding to lean against his side instead of on the bed. I leaned my head back onto his shoulder. 

"You okay after all that's happened?" I asked, closing my eyes.

He stayed silent for a moment. "It's bullshit that all those innocent people died. I should have been out protecting them," I was about to protest his guilt, but he cut me off. "But I'm happy. It's shitty- but I'm happy. I've finally got everything I coulda asked for. It's not the best it could be... but I've got you. That's all that matters right now."

"Look at you, Mr. Romantic allova sudden," I chuckled, smiling. 

"Not even flustered, huh?" He grinned. I opened my eyes and looked up at him, a content smile.