ten

You watched the entire video, your heart pounding. When it ended, you watched it again this time with the captions on, so you could see what the lyrics meant. And you cried. Like a baby.

~ ♡ ~

You sat on your bed, not sure how to feel. They were all in the video, all seven of them. You weren't exactly sure who was singing what part, but you recognized Taehyung's voice, and there was Namjoon singing near the beginning.

You clicked on a live video performance, hoping that would give you the chance to see who was singing each part. You sat there with your mouth opened, eyes glued to the screen, as you watched them not only sing, but dance. They were dancing... beautifully, so in sync it was unreal. You had goosebumps. Your heart was pounding, and your chest noticeably rose and fell.

You clicked on some other videos, different songs, and you were blown away. Who were these guys? Why had you never heard of them? You could only guess it was because they were Korean. But Tae had said BTS were popular in the US as well. You had never heard of them, or heard their music playing anywhere. Then again, you really didn't listen to music all that much anymore. You were too busy working, and merely existing.

You kept clicking on videos. Mostly music, but also others, videos that made you laugh. You shook your head, trying to comprehend everything. These guys must be huge. The videos of their live performances, some concerts, others appearing to be awards shows, the crowds were unreal. How? How did you end up in a conversation with one of these guys, only to end up having met all seven?

You spent the next 3 hours watching videos, all kinds of videos. These guys had debuted in 2013. Five years ago. The same amount of time you had been attemting to make life better for yourself, only to end up existing just to exist.

The time went by without you even realizing it had been over three hours. It was 6:55pm, and you were immersed in the video of a song called mic drop, when you thought you heard your phone ding. You let the video finish, and reached for the phone, unlocking it and hitting the message icon.

Taehyung: Meetings finally over, did you eat dinner yet? 🥡🥠Tae

You took a breath. What should you do. You were a tiny bit upset that he hadn't told you about BTS in a little more detail, like maybe the fact that he was part of it. Especially after you had asked who sang that song. But maybe he had a reason for not telling you.

'I haven't. Are you inviting me to dinner? 😏 y/n'

You hit send.

Thirty seconds later there was a knock at your door. You looked up from your phone, and let out a breath. You closed your laptop and got up, knowing it was him, and wondering if you should let on that you knew.

You decided not to say anything right away, and see what happens. But you knew that at any point in time, you could decide to bring it up, and knowing you, you probably would.

You opened the door, a smile on your face. "Hi. How was your meeting? Besides long..."

You knew this was a perfect opportunity for him to fill you in, if he chose, but you didn't think he was going to. And honestly, it's not like he owed you any explanation anyway. You really had no reason to be upset.

"It was boring. Just... work stuff." He shrugged, making a face.

"Work stuff...I feel bad now. You've been so nice to me, taking care of me, and letting me carry on about my problems, and I never even asked you anything about yourself."

"It's no big deal. Let's get something to eat. You like take out? We can stay here and eat tonight instead of going out and dealing with the crowds." He was scrolling thru his phone, and hadn't looked up.