thirty eight

"Jimin, it's not your fault. I'm the one at fault here. I told y/n that I would choose her. Yet I left for work, leaving her here alone, knowing something was bothering her. I knew. She kept giving me excuses, and I let it go, thinking she would tell me when she was ready." I closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. "If I had listened to my gut, if I had made her talk to me, if I had chosen her, instead of work, she would still be here. I failed her, Jimin, and because of that, I've lost her."

~ ♡ ~

Taehyung's POV

Jimin looked at me, hope in his eyes. "You have to try to get her back, Tae."

"How? She's gone, she probably went home. What am I supposed to do?"

"I don't know, but we have to figure something out. You can't just sit here forever, feeling sorry for yourself."

Jimin got up, extending his hand to me. I took it, and he pulled me up.

I glanced around the room, noticing that she had left some of the clothes I'd bought her, but it seemed she'd taken most of them, and I knew she probably just couldn't fit them all in her suitcase.

I turned and looked at the bed, and drew in a sharp breath, causing Jimin to look in the direction I was looking.

I walked to my side of the bed, picking up the stuffed tiger that was sitting on my pillow. I held it to my face, smelling it, knowing it would smell like her. My body started shaking as I cried, in disbelief that she had left the only thing she had from her childhood here.

"Taehyung..." Jimin put his arm around me, pulling me into a hug. "I'm guessing that was y/n's tiger?" He asked, releasing me.

I nodded, taking a deep breath, before pulling it from my face, and looking at it.

"She's had it since she was 3,  she said she sleeps with it at night, because she likes to hold something." I smiled painfully.

"Wow, now I'm convinced you two were made for each other." He smiled at me crookedly.

"She told me it was all she had left from her childhood, so I know it means a lot to her. I can't believe she left it here. Why would she do that?"

"That's an easy one, it's because you mean more to her."

I looked at him, not so sure he was right. She left me too.

"Tae, let's go downstairs, and I'll make you a cup of hot cocoa."

I nodded, and set the tiger on the bed, following him out the door.

Once in the kitchen, I sat at the table, and watched Jimin get everything to make the hot cocoa. He fixed two cups, and came to sit across from me, sliding me a cup.

"You had me so worried. I asked Namjoon if you had messaged him letting him know you'd made it home and that y/n was ok, but he said he hadn't heard anything, and assumed you just forgot once you got home to y/n. I told him I would text you, and not to worry about it. I sent you a text as soon as I left practice. You didn't reply, so I got worried and headed straight here."

I didn't even know where my phone was. "I'm sorry Jimin. I hurried here once I left, texting her along the way, and getting no reply. I got here, and went straight upstairs, I was so scared something had happened to her. But, she wasn't here, and I kinda lost it. I must have tossed my phone somewhere when I came in the door."

He looked at me, his eyes full of understanding. "Imagine how scared I was when I got here and found your front door wide opened, at midnight."

"I left the door opened?" I hadn't even realized.