fifteen

"Here you go" he handed it to me, and I took it, hoping he didn't notice that my hand was shaking.

~ ♡ ~

"Thank you." You sipped the hot coffee, watching him sit back down in the chair. He leaned back, his eyes staying on you, the thumb of one hand hooked carelessly in his pocket, the other hand on the back of his head, playing with his hair again.

You smiled nervously. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

He smirked. "I'm trying to decide if you look better with or without clothes on."

"Ohmygod" you blushed, looking away from him, focusing on anything but him. "You're a jerk, Kim Taehyung." You mumbled, setting your coffee on the table to hide your still shaking hand.

You heard him chuckle. "I'm kidding, y/n. Honestly, I was looking at you because I'm trying to figure out why you cause my heart to feel like a fish flopping around on dry land."

You lifted your head, your gaze going to his face. You knew exactly what he was talking about, your own heart having been overly jumpy around him.

He sat up, elbows going to his knees, fingers laced together, head hanging, so that now you couldn't see his face. Your gaze landed on his hands and stayed there. Those hands, the hands that had touched you in ways you'd never expected, made you tremble, made you forget how to breathe. You closed your eyes for a second, until you heard him take a breath to speak.

"You know how earlier this morning, I said there was something I had to tell you?" He didn't look up right way, and you wondered if he was waiting for you to answer. You swallowed, but before you could say anything, he spoke again. "I was going to tell you that I broke the promise we made, to not keep things from each other."

He finally glanced up, smiling at you. "At first, I thought I had broken it the second we locked pinkies." He stood then, walking to the window, watching the people move around on the sidewalk below, before turning back to look at you. "Then I realized I hadn't broken it at all."

You looked at him, puzzled, brows drawn together. "I don't understand." You wondered if you had the courage yet to tell him that you had also already broken the promise.

"It's simple. We made that promise on the basis of being friends. I don't want to be just your friend, y/n." He was watching you, his face unreadable.

Your eyes darted away from his, and you looked down at your hands you'd hidden in your lap, a small smile forming, one that he couldn't see. "You don't?" It was almost a whisper, and you were afraid to look up at him.

"I don't. I guess I'd hoped you had figured that out by now." He came to you, reaching for your hand and pulling you up so that you were facing each other. You still didn't look up.  "I know we haven't known each other very long at all, but...everything just feels right when I'm with you. Kissing you earlier, felt right." He lifted your chin, forcing you to look at him. "Everything that followed...felt right."

You drew in a breath, exhaling slowly thru your nose. You pulled your bottom lip between your teeth, nibbling on it, trying to think of something to say, but failing, as the 'everything' he spoke of played thru your mind. You were surprised that he felt the same way you did about what had happened, and were just trying to wrap your head around him saying he didn't want to be just friends.

"Y/n, I didn't come here with any plans to do any of it. Even kissing you wasn't planned, it just... happened. I honestly just wanted to surprise you with coffee and donuts." He looked sincere.

"I believe you." You said quietly. You narrowed your eyes at him, sensing that he suddenly seemed uncomfortable. "Tae, you know that I'm not sorry it happened, right?