forty five

You snuggled against him, yawning, and he held you tight, whispering against your hair. "I love you Y/n." You closed your eyes, sleep pulling you in, as you whispered back. "I love you too, Taehyung, I love you so much."

~ ♡ ~

Taehyungs POV

I waited until she fell asleep, then I gently removed my arm from under her, pulling the covers up over her. I smiled at her sleeping form, her lips pouting slightly, her hair falling over part of her face, and I realized how truly thankful I was that she had come back.

I grabbed my sweats and t-shirt off the floor and got dressed quietly, sticking my phone in my pocket, then grabbed the container of kimbap and empty soda can, pulling the door closed behind me as I left the room.

I saw her suitcase and shoes by the door when I reached the bottom of the steps, and made a mental note to take them up when I went back upstairs.

I took the kimbap to the kitchen, putting it in the fridge, noticing that there were 5 more cans of Cherry Coke on the shelf. Jimin must have brought a six pack. He knew how much I loved Cherry Coke. I wish I'd known.

"Well, that's what you get for hiding in your room..." I mumbled to myself as I grabbed one, popping it opened and taking a long swallow.

It felt so good going down...I knew I was probably on the verge of being dehydrated, having only had the can of soda last night, and a bottled water that jimin had made me drink the second night he'd checked on me. Soda wasn't exactly the best thing to be drinking, but I'd have some water shortly.

I suddenly realized I was hungry, and went back to the fridge for the kimbap. I sat at the table, the opened container in front of me, eating every one. I swallowed the rest of the coke, and was about to get up and throw my trash in the bin when my phone dinged.

Jimin: I didn't hear back from you Tae, just checking that everything is ok?

Everything is fine...sorry, I got sidetracked earlier.  🤫🤭✌ Tae

Jimin: ummm 🙄...okay...so I take it that y/n got there safely, and everything is cool between you two?

Why didn't you tell me she was on her way? You knew I was hurting, thinking I'd lost her forever... don't you think I needed to know that she was coming back? Tae

Jimin: I'm sorry, I really wanted to tell you. I knew you were suffering,  and I wanted so much to make you feel better. Y/n wanted to surprise you, and I guess I thought a few more hours was harmless, because I knew once she got there, you would be ok. Don't be mad at me Tae.

I'm not mad at you, and I guess I understand why you didn't tell me. I thought I was dreaming, Jimin, even when she was standing right in front of me. I didn't think she was really here, I honestly thought I'd lost her forever. I don't ever want to go thru anything like that again. I'm afraid to let her out of my sight. 😔 Tae

Jimin: I don't think you have to worry about it happening again, Tae. I can see how much Y/n loves you, and she really missed you. She couldn't wait to get back, and get to you. I'm really glad she's here now, and I know you'll make sure she knows how much she means to you, you have the biggest heart, 💜 and most giving personality of anyone I know. She'll never doubt how you feel about her.

Thanks Jimin, that means a lot. I hope she knows how much I love her. I intend to show her every day, even on days we will have to spend apart, 😫  which I'm going to hate.  I never really thought about what the future held before, but now, I do. I'm looking forward to it. Tae