epilogue

"But I know who I am now. I know what I want. And I know that I love you, Kim Taehyung. I see my entire universe in your eyes. You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars. You are every piece of the puzzle that is my heart, and you have put it back together. You are the light to my darkness. You are the up to my down. You are the happiness to my sadness. You are the glue that holds me together when I think I'm going to fall apart. You are everything I need. When I found you, I found myself, and I'm not looking any farther. I'm finally home...you are my home, and I'm never leaving again."

~ ♡ ~

You and Taehyung spent the rest of the day being lazy, talking, kissing, laughing, and crying. You lay facing each other in the bed, and spent a lot of that time just looking into each others eyes. He held you, and you knew you never wanted to leave his embrace.

You apologized to him again, still hating yourself for what you had put him thru. But he just smiled at you, and told you to let it go. He said it didn't matter, because you were here, with him, and he was never letting you go ever again.

He explained to you that there would be times you would be here, in this house, alone, for months at a time. He would tour, and be gone, and unless the no dating rule changed in the near future, he wouldn't be able to bring you along, because that would start to look suspicious. You hated the thought of being here alone for months. But he said he would call you every chance he got. That helped, even though you knew you would miss him terribly.

But you knew what Jimin meant when he had said that If they got into relationships, whoever they were with needed to be able to endure whatever was thrown at them, because it wouldn't be a normal relationship. You understood that BTS was the biggest part of who Tae was right now, and you were willing to stand back and let him be who he was, because you knew that eventually, the day would come when he was no longer just "V" of BTS, or Kim Taehyung, actor, or Vante, photographer, which you only just learned about... but he would also be, Kim Taehyung, the man that you loved, and didn't have to hide your feelings for anymore.

You finally understood, without a doubt in your mind, that Tae would always, always be a part of BTS. No matter what. They were a family. They were closer than some families could ever be. However many years they had left to show the world their talent, however long they chose to blossom and grow and gift everyone with their music, and dance, and love for one another, in the end, it didn't really matter.

The day would inevitably come that they would say goodbye to army. They would walk off the stage, and put away their microphones and earpieces for the last time. But they would never say goodbye to each other.

They would add to their family, when they all chose to get married and have kids, and they would have homes of their own, no longer living together, and doing everything together, but they would never say goodbye to each other.

They may even move to different towns, too far away to see each other every day like they do now, and only see each other for holidays, or birthdays, or other special occasions. But they would never say goodbye to each other. They would always be a family.

You were honored to now be a part of that family. It still baffled you how it happened, and you still sometimes wonder if your lives really are all planned out, or if they are left to chance. It wasn't important, because you knew exactly how the rest of your days would be spent. You knew that you would take every opportunity you could to look into the most beautiful eyes you'd ever seen, and see a lifetime just waiting to be lived.

You loved looking into his eyes, and seeing your future. Every road that you would take, every mountain you would climb, every sea that you would cross, all right there, in his eyes. You saw happiness, and you saw sadness. You saw joy, and you saw fear. You saw want, and you saw need. You saw loneliness, and you saw hope.

You saw children, and laughter, bedtime stories and blanket forts. You saw birthday parties, and Christmas trees, picnics and amusement parks. You saw first days of school and new friends, dances and graduations. You saw first crushes and broken hearts, first cars and new jobs. You saw true love and mended hearts, short engagements and beautiful weddings. You saw grandchildren, and gray hair, rocking chairs and lullabies.

You saw a boxy smile, and eyes that still sparkled with love, despite being crinkled at the corners from years of smiling, and a thin, wrinkled hand, holding yours, equally wrinkled, as you told the grandchildren stories about how their grandfather and six uncles changed the world, and made it a better place with their music, and their presence, their words touching the hearts of everyone who heard them. How they used to be on stage, singing and dancing, with millions of fans screaming their names, sold out concerts worldwide, breaking records and hearts all over the place, living their dream...until they grew tired, and that was when their grandfather stopped being an Idol to the rest of the world, and finally became your Idol.

You smiled, breaking eye contact and blinking away your thoughts. you nuzzled your head into his neck, breathing deeply, inhaling the scent of this man who had captured your heart with a first glance, and would hold it captive forever. You felt his lips against your head, and heard him whisper..."I love you Y/n, and I am so happy to be starting the rest of my life with you."

"I love you too, Taehyung, my Idol..."

THE END

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/n: Thank you so so much to everyone who read this, or voted. I appreciate it more than you know! Hugs 🤗💜