nineteen

I pressed my lips together, remembering how she had talked about not knowing if she could  trust herself yet. I had to be careful. I can't lose her. I didn't know what to do.

~ ♡ ~

You woke to the sound of someone knocking. Looking at the clock, you saw it was 7am. You groaned and climbed out of bed, pouting as you shuffled to the door, your arms crossed over your chest.

You opened it to see Taehyung standing there, a very worried expression on his face.

"Tae, what's wrong? Are you okay?" You were glad to see him, but you'd never seen him looking so serious.

"I'm sorry Y/n. I wanted to text you last night, but practice didn't end till midnight, and I didn't want to wake you up. Are you mad at me?"

You smiled, taking his hand and pulling him into the room, pushing the door shut. You faced him, and stood on your tiptoes, watching his expression change, his body relax, as you leaned in, and kissed him, lingering just a few seconds before pulling away.

"Of course I'm not mad at you. I understand that your very busy, and you probably have inconsistent schedules. Don't ever think I'm mad at you for something like that."

He breathed a sigh of relief, finally smiling. "Thank you."

You reached up, caressing his cheek, amazed at how soft his skin was. "You're not like other guys at all, are you?"

"What do you mean?" His brows came together, eyes narrowed slightly.

"You were doing your job, Tae, something you don't have a choice about, yet...you were worrying about me, and feeling the need to explain, which isn't necessary."

"I told you I'd message you later. I just didn't know practice was going to last so long, and I didn't have my phone to even let you know that I wouldn't be done till late. We had to hand them over until we were finished for the night." He frowned, a cute little gesture that made you smile.

"You had to hand your phone over? I've heard of not being allowed to use your phone while working, but not having to give it up completely."

"We have a music show performance coming up in two days, so we need to be extra focused. Normally, we can keep our phones."

He let go of your hand, his arms going around you, pulling you against him. He hugged you, his chin resting on top of your head. You loved being held in his arms. You pressed your ear to his chest, hearing his heart beat.

"Tae? Can I ask you something?"

"Mmhm...anything."

You closed your eyes, feeling a little nervous, even though he obviously wasn't looking at you. "Are we...together?"

You held your breath, feeling him take a deep breath himself. Even though he had confessed feelings for you, and you had done the same, you didn't want to assume anything. You were still afraid of being hurt, but you didn't think he would ever purposely hurt you.

After a minute, he pulled away, looking at you, his eyes locked on yours. "I'd like that..."

You looked at him, sensing that he had more to say. You swallowed, feeling like maybe you'd assumed to much. "There's a 'but', isn't there?"