Clingy - Reece

I frowned, 12 minutes since  I had texted Reece and I was yet to receive a reply from my boyfriend of just 3 months. I topped up my coffee, deciding to put my mind back on the drawing I was working on before I got caught up on Reece, again.

The ping immediately gathered my attention and the drawing was once again abandoned, swiftly lifting my phone up to see that Reece had finally graced me with a reply.

"With the boys, talk later love."

I was disappointed, I liked texting Reece when we weren't together. It made me feel as though he missed me, even if it had only been a few hours since we saw eachother.

I met Reece in a music shop I use to work at, he scribbled his number on a piece of paper and slipped it into my hand. I called him the minute I got home, and we spent the rest of the night talking about our favorite music, books anything and everything. We found out interesting things about each other that night, the rest is history.

I glanced down at my drawing, deciding that using my charcoal pastels would make it look much more authentic. I went to my bag, scrambling through it to find them before releasing a huff when I realised they weren't there.

"Reece." I muttered to myself, biting my lip as I wondered if I should just leave it or not. He wouldn't mind me popping over to grab them, right?

Deciding he wouldn't, I swiftly pulled on my jacket and left my tiny apartment. It took me 20 minutes to get to Reece's house, parking around the side so that I wouldn't be easily spotted by any paparazzi floating about hoping to capture a glimpse of my pop-star boyfriend.

I entered through the back door, the kitchen not having anyone in it but I soon heard the chatter of my boyfriend and his friends. I walked towards the livingroom to make them aware of my presence before hearing my name made me stop.

"So you and Y/N yeh good?" George asked, "I mean, I guess." My heart dropped in disappointment at the answer, if I had of been asked, 'More than good' would of been my answer.

"Oh trouble in paradise, already?" It was Blake's turn to pipe up, and my stomach churned as I awaited his answer. "No, I mean don't get me wrong she's a sweet girl and I like her a lot, it's just." "Just what R?" Yeah, just what?

"She's so goddamn clingy!" Once again my heart dropped, and the laughter of Reece's bandmates filled my ears making my stomach churn once more but this time in embarrassment. "Any time we aren't together she is on the phone, ringing or texting to see where I am at and when I would be back to spend time with her. I purposely put my phone on silent now." I swallowed the lump that had formed.

"She likes you, mate." Blake defended, "Yeah and I like her too but it's only been 3 months. It feels like it's been years, when she shows off this clingy side of her it just gets annoying and makes me want to end it before it gets any worse."

"You want to break up with her?" Shock was now evident in George's voice, and my heart was now in smithereens. "No, I want to keep it going and see what could happen with us. I care about her, a lot. I just want her to tone it down, I mean don't even get me started on her jealousy. God forbid, if I even look at another girl, never mind speak to one."

Deciding I heard enough, I opened the front door and closed it again making them known of my presence, except not letting them know I heard their entire conversation. "Hello? Oh Y/N hello love." Reece said showing me a soft smile. "Hi." I said quietly, smiling back weakly before giving the boys a small wave.

"You okay?" "I just came for pastels." I said, he nodded watching me walk upstairs before he looked back at the boys suddenly feeling guilty about the conversation he had just endured.

I returned moments later, now holding the bag of my art supplies that I kept at his house. Reece stood at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me, he went to reach me but I swiftly moved from his grip. "I better go, don't want to interrupt guy night." I shot yet another weak smile at him.

"Oh, okay. Breakfast tomorrow?" He offered, a smile on his face. "Uh can't." I muttered making the smile fall, "Need to work on my project. I'll call you."

**

I didn't call, it's been two days since I heard my boyfriend bad mouthing me to his friends and I am yet to get in contact with him. Reece has tried numerous times, calling me, texting me and showing up to my apartment. I simply pretended I wasn't there. Some might see it as childish, I saw it as giving him the freedom he wanted.

I stepped in my apartment, another day of college finally over me as I dropped my art supplies at the door and walked into the kitchen. "Holy shit!" I gasped, finding Reece sat at my table with a stern expression on his face. "How did you get in?" I asked, cautiously walking around him to get a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I found the spare key, you changed the spot." His voice held little emotion, which was surprising due to all the emotions running through his mind. "Oh, yeah. Mom told me she heard of a robbery around this neighbourhood, wanted to keep safe." I lied, watching him nod slowly.

"I've tried calling." He said, now looking up at me and my heart fell at the distraught look over his face. "Uh yeah, I know." "You didn't answer."

"I've been really busy, you know, with my project." He nodded slowly, "I mean I get that, but you couldn't even text me to tell me that." I rolled my eyes, now who's the clingy one.

"I didn't realise it was that big of a deal, what are you freaking out about?" His eyebrows furrowed, "What the hell is going on with you Y/N?!" All distraught had been replaced with anger, his green eyes now dark.

"Nothing!" I fought back, "Look I'm really tired, can we argue about this another time?"

"No! This is our relationship we're fighting for here, but yet sleep is more important for you?" I felt the tears build up in my eyes, I hate confrontation and arguing with Reece is the worst thing ever to me.

"Answer me Y/N!" "No!" I cried out, running my hands through my wavy hair trying to keep it from sticking to my face. "Then what is going on?!" I didn't reply before he grabbed my shoulders making me look at him, "Why are you acting so distant?"

"Because I don't want to be annoying or clingy anymore.." His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What, wh-" I cut him off, "I heard you and the boys the other day at your place, I was there the entire time of your conversation. I just let you think I wasn't."

His heart fell, finally seeing the hurt and heartbreak filling my beautiful features. "Babe, Y/N I'm so sorry." He whispered, I shrugged pulling myself away. "It's fine. Can't help how you feel."

"It's not how I feel!" He cried out, "I mean I did, but that was until I realised what it felt like to not have you in my life, worrying about me and having our silly chats over text message just so we have something to talk about." Tears fell from my eyes that he quickly kissed away.

"I was wrong." He whispered, "I want nothing more than for you to be clingy, and to love me just like I love you." We both froze, suddenly realising what he said. "You, you love me?" I choked out.

He took a deep breath before nodding, "With everything in me." A smile fell upon my lips through the tears that escaped my eyes, "I love you too."

He smiled before placing his lips on mine, holding me close to him. "Let's never be distant again." He said making me giggle, "Never."

"So did you get your project finished?" I nodded, "Can I see?" I smiled before pulling away and going out to the hall to grab it. I turned it around revealing it to him, awe filling his eyes whilst his mouth gaped.

"Is that me?" I nodded, "The title of the project was happiness, and you're mine." His heart burst, "Come here my beautiful, clingy baby."
——————————————————
- Sorry for any mistakes!!

- I'm gonna try to update more often, this book is close to 2K reads!!

-What should I do when this book hits 2K reads...?

- Don't forget to Vote and Comment for more updates<3