A Snowy Afternoon - George

Your eyes opened at the sound of knuckles against wood and you pulled yourself up out of the comfortable cloud of blankets. You didn't want to leave your bed at all today and it was a perfect snowy afternoon in london to stay put. you were watching a christmas movie on netflix and it was just getting interesting.

You peered through the peephole and opened the door for George. He stood in his winter hat and jacket and even gloves. He usually forgot them at home.

"Hi, love." He smiled and walked the two steps to put his arm around your waist. His face dug into your neck and you could feel the cold coming off of his body. "What are you still doing in your pjs?"

You saw the teasing smile on his face when he pulled away from you. You closed the door behind him and brushed your messy hair. You shrugged, "I didn't feel like doing anything today."

"Why not? it's snowing outside, love! let's go have some fun."

You crossed your arms over your chest and curled your toes from the cold. lighting the fireplace hadn't been checked off of your list yet. George frowned at you and put his arms around your shoulders to pull you close.

"Please, babe. I missed you. I want to spend the day with my girl." How could you resist those words and a kiss on the nose? It was like he knew how to get you to give in.

"Fine" you sighed, letting your head fall to his chest for a moment. He followed you into your room and laughed at the messy bed and your laptop placed among them. You grabbed some clothes from your closet and dressed in them while he checked out what you were watching. You brushed your hair and put it in a simple braid before placing a hat on. Once you were ready, George pulled you out the door.

His car was outside along the curb and he drove you toward the park. You thought you two were just going on a nice walk to watch the snow fall, but instead he brought you to the ice rink. Nervousness instantly bubbled in your stomach and you wished you had stayed home in bed, and maybe even invited him too.

"George" you whined for a moment. There were a handful of people there and you were convinced they would see how badly this would go.

"Oh, come on! It's festive and fun. Wait here, i'll get the skates, okay?"

He let go of your hand and walked toward the counter where a worker stood behind. You wished you had pulled him back and asked to do something different. You pulled on your hat as your eyes followed the skaters. There were even children there who had no problem gliding on the ice.

George came back over with the right size for you and pulled you toward a bench. He noticed your uneasy mood and tried to lighten it up with a smile. You reluctantly changed from your boots to the skates and you became frustrated easily with your nerves. It was just ice skating. It's just balance.

"Here, let me." George said and knelt in front of you to tie your skates. You leaned back and took a couple deep breaths in and out. "What's wrong?"

You looked down at him and bit the inside of your lip. "I'm not good at it. I'll fall."

"I'm not good either" he confessed. "Let's make fools of ourselves together, yeah?"

He squeezed your calf soothingly with a sweet smile and you couldn't help but return it. He stood and took your hands to lead you to the ice. Your grip became tighter as you stepped onto the slick surface. You let go of one of his hands and clutched onto the outer wall of the rink. People zoomed past the two of you easily and you wished you could do the same.

"We'll focus on just moving, okay?"

You nodded and tried your best to keep your eyes solely off of your feet. George was encouraging you every second and helped guide you around the rink while you held onto him and the wall.

"You're better than you said" you noticed. "You haven't touched the wall."

George smiled and licked his lips. "How about you let go of the wall now, hmm? Just hold onto me."

You stared at him for a long moment. You bit your lips together in concentration as you let go of the wall carefully and took a hold of George's other hand. He made sure his grip was good before he stared to move backwards.

"George." You warned nervously and grabbed onto his forearms.

"It's okay" he laughed. "You're too tense. Just relax."

You tried to, but just ended up tensing again. He pulled you around the rink slowly. Someone glided past and nearly knocked into George while they were talking to someone else. They bumped shoulders and grabbed onto George to apologize. He shook them off with a polite smile as you were slowly moving between his legs and couldn't stop. You tried to pull yourself back and George noticed a little too late. You slipped and landed on your backside and instantly started laughing.

"Y/N! Are you okay?" George asked worriedly from above you.

You nodded with giggles and felt his hands and the other skater's grab a hold of you. You thanked both of them as you steadied yourself.

"I think i've had enough of skating for one day" you grinned at George as his hands were placed on your hips. You reached behind you to wipe off the snow and ice.

George agreed and lead you back toward the bench where your shoes were. You both changed into the flat bottoms and it felt much more comfortable and stable. You returned the skates with George and took his hand into yours as you two walked back to the car.

"That was fun."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It kind of felt nice to fall." You smiled.

George was pleased with that answer and pulled you closer to kiss your red cheek. You climbed into the car and he drove back to your flat where you two shed your jackets, gloves, and hats. George started the fire for you while you went into the kitchen and made some hot coco. You poured it into two mugs and carried them over to the couch. You sat down and pulled a blanket over your lap as George plopped down beside you.

"Here" you said as you handed over his mug.

"mmm" he hummed and grinned. "thank you."

You blew and sipped the coco together as the fire cracked. Once you were finished with the drinks, George pulled on the blanket over you and covered himself a little before pulling you against his chest. He propped his feet up on the coffee table and rubbed your back under the blanket as if you weren't already warm.

Your eyes moved toward the window where it was still snowing. You smiled to yourself and rested your head against George's chest. It was a perfect snowy afternoon well spent.

—————————————
- Not sure how much longer I'm gonna continue this book.

- Sorry for any mistakes.

- Don't forget to Vote and Comment for more updates<3