Five Years - Reece

A/N: This is written as five years of Reece and Y/N's relationship, focusing on Valentine's Day for each year
——————————————
YEAR ONE: friends
"Why the long face?" Your best friend's voice made you smile a little, and you shut your locker to meet Reece's lopsided grin.

"Just a little sick of all the gross PDA today" you laughed, nodding your head to the couple a few lockers down that were practically eating each other's faces off.

He made a face, "Yeah, they're taking it a little too far. But the, uh, other valentine's day stuff doesn't bother you, does it?"

He looked a little giddy, and you had to remind yourself that Reece was kind of a hopeless romantic. You liked that, more than you'd probably admit, but valentine's day kind of sucked when you liked your best friend who seemed to like every person except for you.

Liz, Emma, a few people in between - when was he going to notice you the way you had always noticed him?

"Eh, it's alright" you smiled a little, falling into step with him on your way to class. "The rose thing is cute, I suppose."

He perked up at that, "Yeah, I think so too."

The roses were definitely cringe to some people, but they were a fun way to raise money for school stuff - you could pay a dollar and send a rose to someone in your grade. Yellow meant friendship, pink secret admirer, and red for love.

You had gotten tons of yellow flowers before - they often came with a note signed from George or Jesse or Reece, and some of your other friends. Never had you gotten a red or pink one.

So it was a little surprising when a kid came to your second period to drop off the roses, you got more than one color this year.

Your face warmed up when a pink rose and two yellow ones were dropped right on your desk. You heard your friend snicker next to you and you gave Jesse a wide eyed look.

"About time" she muttered, shaking her head.

"You know who sent this?" You asked her, raising an eyebrow. She just made a gesture of zipping her lips shut, making you huff in annoyance.

It didn't have a note, which wasn't that surprising - if anyone got a pink rose, which was rare, it was meant to be a secret. Then later in the day the secret admirer would reveal themselves in a cute way.

For the rest of the day you tried to figure out who it was, but you couldn't. The yellow flowers you got were from Reece and George, and Jesse had made you all personalized cards that she drew, so she didn't send a flower.

But at the end of the day, you saw your best friend standing by your locker with another pink rose and a wide, hopeful grin on his face.

"You sent it?" You asked with a smile once you reached him, loving the blush forming on his cheeks.

"Yeah, I did" he handed you the rose, his other hand still behind him "I uh really like you, Y/N. I have for a while now so..."

He trailed off and held up a heart candy box, a note on it with the words reading "Will You Be Mine?"

You bit your lip trying not to laugh, "Really?"

"Was that too cliche?" He asked, not feeling as nervous as he saw you laugh shaking your head.

"No, it was perfect. And to answer your question, yeah. I would love to be yours, as cheesy as that sounds out loud."
YEAR TWO: love
You rushed to grab your keys and book bag, ignoring your roommate grumbling about you being too loud in the morning. But you didn't care, not when you were running late to breakfast with your boyfriend, and if you were late to that, you'd probably be late to class too, and it would just be a bad domino effect.