The Heart Wants What It Wants(Pt.2) - Blake

The Devils Back With Part 2😈
————————————

2 months later.

The nights were the worst; he'd cry himself to sleep almost every night and the nights he fell asleep voluntarily were the nights he went out. He dreaded to wake up in the mornings because there didn't seem to be anything to look forward to. With puffy eyelids and stained cheeks, he didn't want to see anyone. Biology couldn't even explain the pain he felt in his chest.

He wanted to be able to lean over and kiss your bare back in the mornings as he watched you sleep for hours before you finally woke. He wanted to be able to take your hand or arm whenever he needed comfort. He wanted to kiss you again, he wanted to finally close the void in his chest and press his lips against yours.

Blake was sat in his mother's old living room. He didn't want to be alone so he went back to the small house he grew up in. Part of you was still there in that house, your scent lingered from the days you'd stay with Soulla and cook dinner for the rest of the family. Your perfume managed to cling onto his old bed sheets and nights seemed a bit easier with a little bit of you with him.

He didn't seem to know what happened or why it happened. Days after you left, you returned for your things and it was possibly that hardest decision you had to make removing his house key from your chain. He thought maybe after you left, you two would still be friends but you weren't. Things just stopped. There were no more phone calls in the middle of the night when he couldn't sleep, no more texts reading 'I love you' or 'I miss you' and it broke him.

"Hey baby" Soulla appeared at the door frame with two cups of tea in hand. "Do you mind if I join you?" Blake stayed quiet and kept his eyes fixed on the blank screen tv. Slowly, she walked over to him and handed him the cup but he stayed motionless.

Soulla was worried, she was afraid that one wrong question could send him over the edge. He was already on the brink of ice so she didn't want to pressure him into talking unless he was ready. A mother's never ready for the day her son comes home in the middle of the night, drunken with bloodshot eyes, crying his heart out into her arms.

She sighed and placed the cups on the table in front of them. "Come here, sweets" Soulla placed her arms around him and he surprisingly obliged. He rested his head on her chest as she gently stroked his hair. "It's going to be okay, I promise" she cooed. Blake was out of tears, he's shed so much that there didn't seem to be anything left in him to shed.

"You remember that time I came home from the grocery store and I found you sat in the hallway crying?" She chuckled as Blake listened. "My love, you were so sad you couldn't come out with me. Abbie told me you sat there for the whole hour I was gone. Not one movement." She continued. "You were such a sweet boy. You're still a sweet boy, baby. Everything's going to be fine; you just have to give it time."

Blake sniffled. For a while he thought the same thing. "George called" he began, wiping his finger across his nose. "She's leaving back to the states."

"Oh" Soulla whispered. A tear slipped from Blake and she could feel it seep into her blouse.

"Mum, I don't want her to go" he sobbed. She pulled him closer and rubbed his back as he brought his arm around her to hug her back. Her heart shook to the sound of her desperate son. "I-I can't just forget about her! I don't know how she does it, she's fine without me but I'm a mess without her, it's not fair!" He cried.

"Shhh" she could feel him shaking in her arms, she could feel every broken part of him, breaking all over again.

-

"Do you want some tea" Soulla asked. He had finally calmed down from the crying and was sprawled across the couch. He nodded and sat up to reach for the cup in his mother's hand.