Nervous(Pt.2) - Reece

"Reece won't shut up about you." That's how George decided to greet you when he opened the door to his apartment. You rolled your eyes and pushed him aside, walking towards the island in the kitchen. You dropped the bag of groceries on the countertop and spun on your heels as you crossed your arms across your chest. "What's he been saying?" You couldn't hide the excitement in your voice and George rolled his eyes in disgust.

You and Reece made the decision to ditch the party exactly a week ago. George didn't even try to stop you. Instead, he shot you each a wink while pouring himself another shot. You knew he was going to nag you about this but most importantly you knew he was going to take the credit for this newfound romance, but you were willing to deal with his annoying bragging. You were willing to deal with anything as long as it gave you a chance to be around Reece more often.

Once you and Reece left the party you made your way towards your apartment building. The walk was filled with comfortable silence. Reece's fingers intertwined with yours as you both made your way down the surprisingly empty London streets. Your heart was racing, this wasn't like you to act that way with a stranger. It must have been new for Reece too, you caught him peeking out of the corner of his eye, checking to make sure this was still what you wanted. You squeezed his hand lightly to reassure him that this was the move you both needed and wanted to take.

"He's like obsessed with you for some odd reason." You rolled your eyes at George's comment before turning to unpack the bag of groceries. "No, I'm serious, Y/N. He doesn't stop asking about you. It's like he wants to know everything but won't ask you himself." A slight smile spread across your face when you heard George say those words. "He's nervous." You replied softly. George was now on the other side of the island resting his head in his hand and giving you a confused look. You pushed the bag out of the way and hopped on the barstool. You slowly traced shapes along the marble countertop as you tried to figure out the perfect description to give George.

"It's like...he knows what he wants but he's afraid to take it. Almost like he's never done this before. Never just met someone so quick and felt a connection. That's what it is G, it's a connection, one like no other. I think he's nervous to make the wrong move. That's how it was at my place. It felt natural but forced at the same time." Your smile was still placed on your face and George raised his eyebrow with concern. "Why are you smiling if you think it felt forced? Isn't that a bad thing?" "No, because he was forcing himself out of his comfort zone. The boy was scared as hell G. Let me take a wild guess, he meets girls all the time out here. Girls that throw themselves at him. He gets to know the surface of their personality, sleeps with them and then boom, they're gone. Am I right?" You watched as George scanned your face, his lip caught between his teeth. He didn't know whether he should answer truthfully or make some bullshit up. He opted for the truth when he realized that you knew him too well for him to lie to you.

"Yea, that's pretty much all it is with him. I don't think I've ever seen him actually open up to a girl he's brought around." George paused for a second and leaned further over the island. He was closer to you now and a small smile was on his face. "Are you trying to tell me that Reece actually has real adult feelings for you? No fuck and chuck type deal?" You rolled your eyes at how blunt George was as you pulled your bottom lip between your teeth before you answered. "All I'm saying is last weekend at my apartment he was in no rush to strip me of my clothes. In fact, that's not what happened that night. We sat and talked. He actually told me things about himself, he was apprehensive but he opened up a bit." You slid off the barstool and walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water just as the door to the apartment opened and closed.
"George do you think it would be too much if I asked Y/N to..." Reece froze in his tracks when he looked up from his phone to be met with your gaze. You were trying to hide the smirk behind your water bottle as the pink tint on Reece's cheeks deepened. "Ask Y/N what?" George asked as he shot Reece a smirk. Reece clenched his jaw and turned on his heels, heading straight for the door. "Nothing, forget it. Call you later." You felt bad for him, you felt the nerves radiating off his body from across the kitchen. You quickly made your way across the room to the door. You stepped into the hallway and saw Reece standing by the elevator. He was tapping his foot on the floor and from the moment you began walking towards him you counted the number of times he ran his fingers through his hair. 4 times.