We Have Tonight

Chapter 2 - We Have Tonight

Finn's POV

As I was walking away from the short brunette, I was a little star strucked. Well not, how people use the expression for celebrities, I mean I was surprised. Rachel Berry surprised me. And no one, at this school as ever had that effect on me. Even when I dated Quinn, yeah she was hot but Rachel is so different. And I think it was time for me to have something different in my life. Yeah Rachel creeped me out, but she has this ambition you can feel coming off of her. And it's pretty imtimidating. I wanted to know Rachel. And I had a goal tonight. That goal was to know Rachel. To eventually be with Rachel. I also had to admit, besides her personality, she is pretty hot.

As I finally got out of this boring school day, because the only thing I could think about is Rachel. I can't get her out of my head! I can't wait to see her. To talk to her. I was walking out of the school entrance, seeing that familiar brown hair, and patterened knee socks. I try to stay cool, and straighten my shirt. I walk a little faster considering, the direction she was going in, was towards my truck. "Rachel!" I say trying to get her attention. Doing my classic half smirk, I tap her on her shoulder as she turns around. "Can I offer you a ride?" I notice her slightly blushing, and nods once. We start walking to my truck. "So Rachel, what do you think you'll wear tonight?" What? Don't judge me, okay? I'm curious ;). Rachel shrugs slighty still smiling, then looks at me. "Maybe a skirt. I have this fabulous one, my Dads just got me." A skirt? I can see the images now. I can't wait to see her long, tan legs. Uh I can't wait for tonight. We both sit in the car, then I start the engine. Rachel's house was only a couple minutes away, from the directions she was giving me. I have just my left hand on the steering wheel, and we are both catching glimpses of each other. Not talking, but I was content with just having her company. Then suddenly, her Iphone starts to buzz. I get a quick look of the name, before she hits ignore, and covers her phone. I look back at the road, crossing my eyebrows. Jesse St. James. That's what her phone read. That's a girl right? Yeah, it must be. Who am I kidding, it was a boy. Why was she ignoring him? Actually why was he calling her in the first place? I finally end the silence. "Who was that?" I ask, like I already didn't know. "Just an old friend." She turns, smiling a little to me. An old friend? What does that mean? Now I was worried. I pull into her driveway, and look over at. "So I'll see you tonight?" She answers back, "Most definetly." As she smiles big. I love her smile. As she shut the door, I only had one thought. Well, two. First, she was talking to a guy, and I needed to make a move. And second, this bonfire is my chance. I have only tonight. We have tonight.