The First Time

Chapter 12 - The First Time

Rachel's POV:

Finn was too cute. Of course I wanted to kiss him, but my Dads were in the room next to us, it would be awkward. Finn wanted to celebrate our one year, at his house. We hadn't done "the deed" yet in our relationship because I told him, I wanted to take it slow, and he respected that. Considering I was a virgin, and Finn wasn't I needed to make sure he was the one. Finn was the one, I was sure of it now. But I still wanted to take my time with him. To let him know, I wasn't just here for hooking up our whole relationship. Even if he didn't consider going to third base, I think I was ready. As ready as I could possibly be. 

Finn's POV: 

I was beyond nervous for tonight. Last night, was embarrassing so I was going to make up for it. I couldn't wait to be with her, it's been one year and I want to up our relationship to the next level. I was going to make a salad and pasta. Since I knew she was a vegetarian, and loved pasta. Since I told my Mom and Burt that it was our anniversary, they understood. So both of them left for the night. And I told them we wouldn't be in any bedrooms, I promised. Maybe that part was a lie, but oh well. Maybe it wouldn't be. I had a surprise for Rachel tonight, and I couldn't wait to give it to her. Once I had dinner done, I set the table, and made the house "special". It was finally time to get Rachel. 

I pulled into her driveway, and knocked on her door. I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked so perfect. Rachel had a light pink, v neckline dress, with white knee high socks. I say lighty and low voiced because I was so breathless, "You look so beautiful." Rachel grinned back, tugging on my shirt as she got on her tip toes to kiss me.

Rachels's POV: 

I was nervous, but I knew I would be with Finn which made me relax. Right before he got here, I did a quick look and made sure I looked okay. I heard the knock, and made my way downstairs. Seeing him when I open the door, I felt so lucky. Finn looked so handsome, and cleaned up so nicely. As I struggled to reach him because of my height, I used his shirt to help me. Kissing him softly, smiling against his lips. "How did I get lucky, to have my boyfriend so handsome and sweet?" He was wearing a light blue shirt, and jeans. For Finn this was dressing up. He walked me out to his truck, and shut the door for me. I started to blush, thinking of what tonight could bring.  

Finn's POV: 

When I arrived at my house, I opened her door for her, and opened the front door also. I could see her surprised face. I had candles everywhere in the house. I had them around the entire table, living room, and kitchen. "It's beautiful Finn" she whispered. I took her hand, and pulled out her chair before she sat down. After dinner, I stood up. "I have dessert, it's brownies", with a slight smile I said. "I thought we could go in the living room to snuggle and talk.." Looking between her and the living, I answer surprised, "Okay.." 

Rachel's POV:

The house looks beautiful. All the candles, gleaming in the darkness. Dinner was amazing, and so was the company. Once he offered dessert, I offered to go in the living room. I wanted to be close to him. I sat on the floor, where he had pillows and a blanket sprawled out on the floor. Pulling my hair forward, offering for Finn to get on top of me, as my back was supported by the couch. Once Finn put his knees in between mine, we started kissing. It started to get heavy, as his mouth was so welcoming. I pushed his chest against mine, by holding his back. His hands were near my waist, but the only part of him touching me was his lips. In between kisses, as we suffered for air, "I have, something. I want to give you" Finn said, whispering. He leaned back looking me in the eyes, as I sat up. He had a little box from his pocket. Opening the box, Finn said "This isn't a wedding ring or anything, but it's a promise. A promise to always love you. To be with you forever. A reminder that, I will always be here for you, and that until I can marry you, this is a start." 

Finn's POV: 

I wouldn't have thought, she would want to go to the living room. But she did, and I wasn't going to say no. Her lips were soft, and kissing them at least a thousand times within a few minutes, I pulled away. Showed her the promise ring, and gave her my babble. She looked happy, but I was still nervous. "Will you, take the promise ring? And someday be my wife?" Ending with a smile. 

"Finn I've never felt like this with anyone else. I never thought it was possible to love someone as much as I love you. Of course, I will take the ring." She smiled so brightly, then after I put the ring on her finger, I gripped her cheeks and started to lightly kiss her again, but still with compassion. With the last kiss, I pulled away again. "I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now, but you said you wanted to wait so I did. But I can't hold it in any longer. Rachel Berry I'm in love with you" as I whispered these words against her lips, she swallowed hard. "Finn, I love you." I pressed my lips against hers once again, but getting lost in them. After a couple minutes of kissing, I felt her lifting my shirt. She wanted to go all the way? As I asked myself this, I turned away from her lips looking at her phone which was buzzing. The phone read, "Maybe we could catch that dinner sometime? I miss you Rachel. ;)  - Jesse. I know what I said before, but this means they were talking to each other still. I was so mad, but hurt most of all. I turn to look back at Rachel, "What does that mean?" I ask her, needing to know. She looked at me, "He kept texting me. Finn, it's nothing." "It's obviously something. You've been texting Jesse the whole time we've been dating? I wouldn't mind any other guy, but Rachel he's into you, and you know it." "But I'm not into him. Finn, there's nothing to worry about like before." 

I felt empty. Like before? "Your telling me you liked him before?" Asking her, as I pull away from us touching each other. She grabbed my hand, "Finn, that was before you and I were dating, we didn't mean anything then." I crossed my eyebrows, in confusion. "We meant something to me." Looking down, pulling my hand away from her slowly, I couldn't even look at her. How could she say that? "I'm going to go to my room. Kurt should be here soon, he can drive you home." I couldn't drive her home, not this time. I was mad she was talking to another boy, but beyond hurt because of what she said. I couldn't even process it. For the first time, I felt unloved by Rachel.