Take Me Back To The Start

Chapter 33 - Take Me Back To The Start

Finn's POV:

The boys and I stayed up ALL night. I couldn't stop beating their sorry butts. It was five am before I had stop downing soda. I woke up at seven thirty. I had to pick Rachel up at eight o'clock. I hit Puck's shoulder waking him up quickly, "I have to go. I had an awesome time. Thanks again." I raced home and take a super quick shower. I sprayed myself with my cologne and swiped some deodorant under my arms. I spiked my hair and then ran out the door. Parking in Rachel's driveway I hopped out of my truck and knocked on the door. Rachel's Dads opened the door had me sit at the table with them. We had some small chit chat. Rachel walked down the stairs sitting her luggage near the door, turning around she looked at me. "You ready?" She nodded. I walked to the door, and her Dads did the same. "I'm going to miss you so much.." Rachel said lowly as she struggled holding back tears. She was squeezed between both of them and they finally said goodbye.

I grabbed her luggage, settling it in the back of my truck. Opening the door for her, she smiled big making her dimples show. I climb in the seat next to her. It wasn't exactly awkward but we weren't how we usually are. "So do you know anyone in New York? So you're not alone." Rachel shook her head taking a deep breath, "Just Shelby." After another long silence, she blurted "Thank you, again for taking me. I'm glad you're the last person I see." I took a glance at her and grinned. "Anything for you." She grabbed my hand tightly and squeezed it. I could feel her pulse, as she was getting nervous.

I parked in the lot near the station. I opened the door for her, like I usually do and grabbed her stuff. Waiting near the door of the train I set her luggage down. Rachel breathed in deeply, "I guess this is it." Her voiced cracked as she started to cry. She grabbed my shoulders and pulled me close. I gripped the palm of my hands on her tiny back. Still holding onto her I look into her eyes, then kissing her lips sourly. As I let go of her lips, I look down at her hands seeing ring I gave her. Swallowing hard looking deeply in her eyes, "And when you get lonely or second guess us I want you to look at that ring I gave you over three months ago. When I told you I first loved you," I take my hands off of her and holds both of her hands in mine, starting to fiddle with the ring. Now my voice was cracking steadily as I got teary eyed. I had to be strong for her. "I want this ring to take you back to where we started. I want you to remember I will always be in love with you, Rachel Berry." She started to cry, and I quickly wiped away her tears. "I love you" Rachel whispered kissing my cheek. Then she grabbed her suitcase and bags and walked on the train. It started to slowly chug away, as I got into my truck. I finally let all of my tears go, and curled my lips not wanting to look at her sad face. As I started to lose sight of the train I had a huge lump in my throat. Crying even harder now, I didn't want her to leave me.