You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Chapter 38 - You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Rachel's POV:

After Finn and I's Skype session yesterday I didn't hear from him the next day. He was talking about how busy he's been.
Brody has been making it completely clear how he feels about me. I have to admit yes he's cute but I have someone else. I haven't necessarily said "I have a boyfriend" but I just don't know how to say it. Brody asked me out to dinner, I suggested us to just order pizza, bring it back to my place, and watch a show. You can have dinner with someone and it doesn't have to mean more. I mean he is my dance partner.
*The Next Day*
"And that's a wrap!" The dance instructor and my personal vocal coach said. We were all drenched in sweat. Broadway definitely makes you work your hardest. "See all you sweaty people tomorrow." We all did a scoff laugh and headed towards our stuff. "So I had preordered the pizza before rehearsal we can head to my place now!" I grabbed my bag and walked over to Brody. He smirked softly. "Sounds good. I'm starving!"
I unlocked my door, and set my keys on the counter. "You can set your bag over here." I pointed to the corner near the door. I brought mine to my room and quickly washed my face because it was so sweaty. It took me a few minutes and when I walked out Brody had a picture frame in his hand of Finn and I, at the play last year. The one for West Side Story. Finn had brought me flowers and I though it would be cute if Kurt got a picture of Finn and I kissing "Wh-.. Who's this with you?" He said quite calmly. I leaned my back against the arm of the couch. "That's.. That's um-" I folded my arms. "Thats my boyfriend." He nodded. "You never told me you had one." "You never asked." He put the frame down and was about to say something, but there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and I paid for the pizza set it on the table. I got out drinks, cups, and plates. I put a slice on each plate and walked over to him. "I would never date you, if I had a boyfriend or not. You're my dance partner. I don't bring my love life into my work life." I nodded and smiled trying to conceal this once and for all. He grabbed the plate and we sat on the couch, halfway watching shows and halfway talking about dance steps, stage experiences, and actually having some fun. "So where are you from?" I asked, as Brody swallowing another bite of pizza. "Here. I've always lived in New York, you?" "Ohio. Lima Ohio. Not very big." He stared at me. "Not big enough for a star like you.." I swallowed hard and smiled small.
After the night was over, Brody helped me pick up and I walked him to the door after I folded the blanket I used. He fixed the bag's strap on his shoulder and stepped halfway out the door. "I had a lot of fun." I nodded smiling. "Me too." "But if you ever decide to drop your lover in Ohio, you know where to find me." He moved his eyebrows and smiled. Then just left.
I don't know how much clearer I need to make to Brody that he needs to back off. Because if he doesn't hide his crush on me, I know someone who won't mind telling him to.